Disability claimants are often seeking information about New York Life long term disability reviews. We have created this page where insurers can post reviews and comments about New York Life disability claims. Our attorneys respond to most comments posted by our visitors.
The company was founded in 1845 as the Nautilus Insurance Company in New York City. It was renamed the New York Life Insurance Company in 1849.
New York Life and its subsidiaries offer traditional life insurance and annuities. On the investment side, New York Life is subsidiaries provide institutional asset management and trust services and, through a subsidiary, NYLIFE Securities LLC., a Licensed Insurance Agency, provide an array of securities products and services such as institutional and retail mutual funds, including 401(k) products.
The New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life-insurance company in the United States, and one of the largest life insurers in the world. Unlike a stock company, a mutual insurance company, such as New York Life, does not offer shares of stock on public exchanges. Rather, it is operated and maintained for the benefit of its members, or policy owners. All policy owners have the right to vote for the Company’s Board of Directors and to receive a fair share of the dividends may be declared by the Board each year. The company ranks 76th on the 2009 Fortune 100 list. In 2008 New York Life posted $280 billion dollars in assets
As disability insurance attorneys, Dell & Schaefer have represented numerous clients with their long-term disability claims against New York Life and its affiliated companies. Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer have provided and offer the following legal services for disability claimants that have a long-term disability insurance policy or disability income policy purchased from New York Life:
- Application for long-term disability benefits with New York Life
- Application for short-term disability benefits with New York Life
- Monthly claim handling of New York Life long-term disability insurance claims
- Appeal of a New York Life denial of long-term disability benefits
- ERISA appeal of a New York Life denial of long-term disability benefits
- Lawsuit against New York Life for denial of long-term disability benefits
- Lump-sum buyout of a New York Life long-term disability insurance policy
- Department of Insurance complaints against New York Life for wrongful delay and denial of long-term disability benefits