• Do disability insurance companies deny all claims for disability benefits?

Do disability insurance companies deny all claims for disability benefits?

Disability Insurance Attorney Gregory Dell discusses the popular question of whether disability insurance companies deny all claims for long term disability benefits.

Some people will come up to me and say, “I heard I would have to be paralyzed in order for a disability insurance company to pay benefits.” I think you may be surprised by my answer.

The answer to this question maybe surprising to some, but the answer is obviously no; they don’t deny all claims. However, from our experience in this office and from our experience of attending claims conferences and speaking to other disability claimants around the country, we find on average that the disability insurance carriers are approving about 60% of applications that they initially receive for a claim.

We also get asked from the disability applicants that we represent what percentage of the claims are approved, and we always tell clients that that’s really not a fair question for us to ask because from all the calls that we get, we only represent people that we really think are going to be approved for claim. So from our internal statistics, at least 95% of the people we represent get approved for claim once we assist them with their application. The other 5% that don’t get approved is usually because our client didn’t tell us something that we should have known in order to include in the application, or the client’s just not being truthful with us and they go out and they’re seen on video doing something that they told either us or they told their doctor they weren’t able to do.

So when you call us, if we review your claim and we think that’s it’s something that we can help you with and we accept your claim, there’s a good chance that the long-term disability insurance carrier is going to approve your claim. If you have questions about your disability claim, feel free to call us for a free consultation.

Leave a comment or ask us a question

Questions About Hiring Us

Do you work in my state?

Yes. We are a national disability insurance law firm that is available to represent you regardless of where you live in the United States. We have partner lawyers in every state and we have filed lawsuits in most federal courts nationwide. Our disability lawyers represent disability claimants at all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. There is nothing that our lawyers have not seen in the disability insurance world.

What are your fees?

Since we represent disability insurance claimants at different stages of a disability insurance claim we offer a variety of different fee options. We understand that claimants living on disability insurance benefits have a limited source of income; therefore we always try to work with the claimant to make our attorney fees as affordable as possible.

The three available fee options are a contingency fee agreement (no attorney fee or cost unless we make a recovery), hourly fee or fixed flat rate.

In every case we provide each client with a written fee agreement detailing the terms and conditions. We always offer a free initial phone consultation and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you in obtaining payment of your disability insurance benefits.

Do I have to come to your office to work with your law firm?

No. For purposes of efficiency and to reduce expenses for our clients we have found that 99% of our clients prefer to communicate via telephone, e-mail, fax, GoToMeeting.com sessions, or Skype. If you prefer an initial in-person meeting please let us know. A disability company will never require you to come to their office and similarly we are set up so that we handle your entire claim without the need for you to come to our office.

How can I contact you?

When you call us during normal business hours you will immediately speak with a disability attorney. We can be reached at 800-682-8331 or by email. Lawyer and staff must return all client calls same day. Client emails are usually replied to within the same business day and seem to be the preferred and most efficient method of communication for most clients.

Dell & Schaefer Client Reviews   *****

Amy S., PhD

Always responsive, always effective. Dell & Schaefer is second to none.

***** 5 stars based on 202 reviews

Speak With An Attorney Now

Request a free legal consultation: Call 800-682-8331 or Email Us