Episode 2 Disability insurance companies love video surveillance
- Disability Insurance Companies Love Video Surveillance (Ep. 2, part 1)
- Disability Insurance Companies Love Video Surveillance (Ep. 2, part 2/3)
- Disability Insurance Companies Love Video Surveillance (Ep. 2, part 3/3)
Your disability insurance company may be watching you at anytime
In this episode Disability insurance attorneys Gregory Dell, Cesar Gavidia and Stephen Jessup discuss the ways in which long term disability insurance companies rely on video surveillance to deny disability claims.
Relying on our experience of representing thousands of disability claimants at all stages of a long term disability claim, we decided to discuss the following most commonly asked video surveillance questions:
- Can a disability insurance company conduct video surveillance of a claimant whenever and wherever they want?
- Why do disability insurance companies conduct secretive video surveillance?
- When should a disability claimant suspect that their disability insurance company is doing video surveillance?
- Do I have to sit home all day in fear that my disability insurance company will videotape me and then deny my disability benefits?
- Is video surveillance of a disability claimant engaged in non-work related activities sufficient evidence for a disability insurance company to deny disability benefits?
Have you dealt with a disability insurance company? Share your experiences in the comments!
Please note: Disability insurance attorney Gregory Michael Dell created Disability Insurance Law TV in order to educate long term disability claimants about common issues related to long term disability insurance claims. New episodes are filmed on regular basis. Our disability videos are for informational purposes only and they are not legal advice.