Attorneys for Boston Mutual Disability Claims
Disability insurance claimants are often seeking information regarding Boston Mutual long term disability reviews. We have created a forum where insurers can post reviews and comments about Boston Mutual short term and long term disability claims. Our lawyers respond to most comments posted by our visitors.
Founded in 1891 Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company is a Private-Mutual Company that sells traditional group and individual life insurance, disability and supplemental accident and illness coverage. The company distributes its products to individuals through its in-house General Agencies division, while its Group and Worksite Divisions distribute to employers. Additional products include employee assistance programs and voluntary supplemental insurance products. Boston mutual sells Group short-term and long-term disability coverage.
The long-term disability policies sold by Boston Mutual offer the following features:
- Benefit Schedules – 40%, 50%, 60%, 662/3% and 70% of monthly earnings to maximums up to $15,000.
- Flexible Benefit Durations – Reducing Benefit Durations; 2 to 5 Years; Social Security Normal Retirement Age. Definition of Disability – the insured is disabled if unable to perform some or all of the duties of his/her regular occupation with a minimum of 20% loss in earnings subject to the program option of 1, 2, 3, or 5 Year Own Occupation; Extended Own Occupation; 2 Year Own Occupation/ADL.
- Elimination Periods – from 30 to 360 days.
- Return to Work Benefit Incentive – partially disabled insureds working and earning between 20% and 80% of earnings are eligible for up to 100% of the maximum weekly benefit, subject to standard claim adjudication and program options of 12 or 24 Months; Unlimited.
- Workplace Modification – employer may qualify for reimbursement for costs associated with job site adjustments to accommodate an employee’s returning to or remaining at work.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services – disabled employee receiving payment may be eligible for these services based on the individual’s disability, education, skills, motivation to return to work etc.
- On-Line Work-Life Solutions – provided by Health Management Systems of America this resource offers direct web access to life balance issues such as health and wellness, behavioral heath, child and elderly care, financial calculators, legal consults, articles and video presentations.
- Continuity of Coverage
- Maternity Covered as any Illness
- Waiver of Premium
- Three Month Survivor Benefit
- Accumulation of Elimination Period
- Six Month Recurrent Provision
- Cost of Living Freeze
- Social Security Assistance
- Primary and Family Social Security Integration
- Mental Illness/Substance Abuse Provisions
- W2 Preparation Services (if elected)
With over one million clients, Boston Mutual’s total assets are nearly $750 million, while their total insurance in force is $260 million. Boston Mutual is rated A- by A.M. Best and A by Fitch Ratings and is a member of the Insurance Marketplace Standards Association.
As disability insurance attorneys, Dell & Schaefer have represented clients with their long-term disability claims against Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company. Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer have provided and offer the following legal services for disability claimants that have a long-term disability insurance policy or disability income policy purchased from Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company:
- Application for long-term disability benefits with Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Application for short-term disability benefits with Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Monthly claim handling of Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company long-term disability insurance claims
- ERISA appeal of a Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company denial of long-term disability benefits
- Lawsuit against Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company for denial of long-term disability benefits
- Lump-sum buyout of a Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company long-term disability insurance policy
- Department of Insurance complaints against Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company for wrongful delay and denial of long-term disability benefits