Monthly Claim Handling
Many individuals think that a disability benefit claim approval means that the claim will remain approved as long the claimant wants. The disability company can deny a claim at any time and it doesn’t matter if you have been on claim for 6 months or 20 years. The reality is that the disability company is always looking for a reason to either deny a claim or deny benefit payments. Every month the disability insurance company employee assigned to your long term disability claim is required to review your claim and make a determination if you remain eligible for benefits.
We offer a flat fee monthly claim handling service in which our disability lawyers handle every aspect of your long term disability claim. For more than 20 years we have managed the disability claims for hundreds of individual’s nationwide receiving long term disability benefits. Our goal is to make sure your disability benefits continue for as long as you need them.
We have prepared several videos below that provide tips for handling a long term disability claim and how we help claimants to prevent claim denial.
- How a Lawyer Helps With Disability Claim Handling
- Be Prepared For Change of Disability Definition
- Attending Physician Statements are Biased For Claim Denial
- Disability Benefits Wrongfully Denied After 12 Years
- Can You Work and Collect Disability?
- Can Disability Company Call Your Doctor?
- Doctors Must Document Your Records Accurately
- Disability Claimant Statement Tips
- Continue Medical Care Or Benefits Will be Denied
- How to Prepare and Tips for Attending A Disability Insurance Medical Exam (IME)
Benefits of Having a Disability Lawyer
We have created a checklist below to highlight the numerous advantages of having our disability lawyers manage your long term disability claim. Many claimants have told us that by having our attorneys manage their claim it is like “insurance on top of insurance”.
- All Communications to Our Office Only
- No Random Calls With You and Company
- No Unannounced Visits From the Company
- Complete All Claimant Statements With You
- Help Prepare All Attending Physician Statements
- Make Sure Benefits Are Paid Timely Every Month
- We Regularly Review Your Medical Records
- Guidance For Information That Must be in Your Records
- Prepare You and Attend Any Interviews With Company
- Make Sure You are Satisfying the Policy Requirements
- Limit The Scope of Insurance Company Request
- Prepare You for Insurance Company Medical Exams
- Prepare Your Doctor For any Disability Company Call
- Offer Advice as to What You Can or Cannot Do
- Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with Disability Company
- Insurance Companies Won’t Play Games With Us
- Prepared to Take Legal Action if Claim Was Denied
Our Experience With Your Disability Company
We have handled LTD claims against every disability insurance company and we have become the number one resource on the internet for information about every disability company. Please select your company below to learn about your disability company and our experience in helping people with a claim similar to yours.
Once approved for disability benefits, most disability insurance policies require a claimant to submit monthly claim forms in order to prove continued eligibility. Additionally, some carriers will require an Attending Physician Statement on a monthly basis from the claimant’s treating doctor.
Attorneys Dell & Schaefer provide on-going legal representation for individuals that have been approved for long term disability, in which we are the exclusive point of contact between the disability insurance carrier and our client. The carrier sends all written correspondence and any request for documentation to our office. It is our responsibility to make sure that all claim forms, attending physician statements, medical records, financial documents, or any other documents are provided in a timely manner to the insurance company, so as to protect our client’s disability benefits.
Furthermore, our representation ensures that a claimant always has a lawyer backing them up and ready to take legal action if the disability insurance company tries to deny benefits. Disability insurance companies will jump on any opportunity to deny a claim, therefore it is important that every document sent to the insurance company is reviewed and scrutinized. A mistake as simple as checking a box saying that you can lift 15 pounds instead of 5, could be a reason for the insurance company to deny your claim. The medical records of your own doctor also need to be closely reviewed as there could be detrimental information in your records from a recent office visit.
Disability insurance companies frequently deny claims when a new claims examiner takes over the handling of your claim. For example, we recently received a call from a claimant that Prudential insurance company denied their claim after paying for 18 years. The woman had a brain injury, and Prudential felt that she was better because she could go to the mall and go shopping with her husband.
For most of our clients, we understand that your long-term disability insurance payment is your only source of income. Most clients that hire us for the application process will continue to have us represent them throughout the duration of their claim. Please contact us if you would like more information about our monthly claim handling services.