Question

I am 60 years old and am having a hard time just doing my job. Is it possible I can get SSDI?

Asked on October 5th 2026 by Eshoe
I had a hip replacement surgery in 2024 and it left me with one leg 2.6 cm longer than the other. I've tried therapy medication and still I'm in daily pain. My podiatrist put me as disabled (placard) and I can't carry anything and can no longer do my job. Thanks to having a good boss most of my work is from behind a desk now but the more I just walk the more I'm in pain and now from that surgery I have mild dextro scoliosis. Well it was mild 6-8 months ago and now I'm in pain from that and on top of all this I have gout which was bad but has seemed to be under some control since I have been on medication and have not had any bad flares since February... at any rate I'm gonna work as long as I can but I do not know how much longer I can do this. I know theres some type of muscle or ligaments in my repaired hip that aren't right... but is it possible I can get SSDI???

Answer

Answered on October 5th 2026 by Attorney Gregory Dell

With documented support from one or more of your doctors there is a good chance you would be approved. You must be unable to perform the duties of any occupation for which you have experienced education and training. You must be able to perform the duties of any job for at least eight hours a day 40 hours a week with reasonable continuity. It may also be possible that through your employer, you have short or long-term disability benefits from an insurance company. This is something you should definitely look into as well.