The National MS Society is dedicated to creating a world free of MS, but they cannot do it without help. Bike MS raises critical funds to support cutting-edge research and programs and services for people affected by MS. The Mid Florida Chapter works to improve the quality of life for people affected by MS in 23 counties in central Florida and raise funds for critical MS research.
The Citrus Tour 2016 will have hundreds of riders that will bike 150 miles thru mosquito-infested swampy wetlands of Central Florida to raise funds and awareness for Multiple Sclerosis Research.
10 Facts about MS
1. Multiple sclerosis is a chronic, unpredictable disease of the central nervous system.
2. More than 2.3 million people are affected by MS worldwide.
3. Most people are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50.
4. Women are much more likely to develop MS than men.
5. There is no evidence MS is directly inherited.
6. It is challenging to diagnose MS.
7. No two people have exactly the same symptoms.
8. MS symptoms can be invisible.
9. The majority of people with MS do not become severely disabled.
10. MS has no cure.