Why consider a lump-sum buyout of your disability insurance policy?
- Why Consider a Lump-sum Buyout of Your Disability Insurance Policy?
If you already are on long term disability, and you’re looking for a lump sum buyout, there are multiple reasons to consider a lump sum buyout. No.1 and probably the most important reason is security, and that means security for your family. With long term disability policies, there are no rights to survivorship, meaning, it’s not like a life insurance policy where God forbid, if something were to happen to you, these benefits will continue to be paid.
Many people who consider a lump sum buyout do it because they want to guarantee for their family that they are going to get a stream of payment for the next 10 or 15 years in the event that something were to happen to them. The other reason that people consider buyouts is that they are sick and tired of dealing with the disability insurance companies and they know that if they sever the relationship, they are free to do whatever they want, they don’t have to be accountable to the disability company, they don’t have to worry that any moment the disability company could decide to deny their benefits.
There are 133 opinions so far. Add your comment now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Florida Nurse wins long term disability benefits from UNUM after Disability Attorney Alex Palamara wins ERISA Appeal
- After Initially Being Denied Long Term Disability Benefits, Dell & Schaefer Gets Former Wal-Mart Employee on Claim with Liberty Mutual
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to Quality Control Inspector
- Prudential Agrees to Reinstate Long Term Disability Benefits for an Employee of DRS Technologies who suffers from very severe back issues
Read what our clients say about us.
- Esther S. ·I was very anxious and cautiously optimistic about getting back my disability benefits from Prudential. From my first call, Stephen explained the procedure in depth...› continue
- Barbara S. ·Rachel Alters is a very compassionate, professional and trustworthy attorney. She got my claim accepted expeditiously which has made this very stressful time in my...› continue
- Michael F. ·Having had several lung surgeries including a wedge resection, lobe removal and pleurodesis as well as MAC lung disease, I was diagnosed with stage vi (end stage) COPD...› continue