Why consider a lump-sum buyout of your disability insurance policy?
- Why Consider a Lump-sum Buyout of Your Disability Insurance Policy?
If you already are on long term disability, and you’re looking for a lump sum buyout, there are multiple reasons to consider a lump sum buyout. No.1 and probably the most important reason is security, and that means security for your family. With long term disability policies, there are no rights to survivorship, meaning, it’s not like a life insurance policy where God forbid, if something were to happen to you, these benefits will continue to be paid.
Many people who consider a lump sum buyout do it because they want to guarantee for their family that they are going to get a stream of payment for the next 10 or 15 years in the event that something were to happen to them. The other reason that people consider buyouts is that they are sick and tired of dealing with the disability insurance companies and they know that if they sever the relationship, they are free to do whatever they want, they don’t have to be accountable to the disability company, they don’t have to worry that any moment the disability company could decide to deny their benefits.
There are 151 opinions so far. Add your comment now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Attorney Cesar Gavidia successfully appeals Cigna claim denial after Cigna and its medical consultant deny claim alleging that restrictions were not medically supported by the medical records
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to Fedex Employee
- Dell & Schaefer gets Cigna to Reinstate Long Term Disability Benefits for Former Maryland Teacher Suffering from Crohn’s Disease
- MetLife Reinstates Disability Benefits to Attorney on Appeal
Read what our clients say about us.
- Annissa M. ·Before I started working with Stephen, I was unsure how I was going to navigate the Long Term Disability process. I had already been denied once and was very...› continue
- Sheila W. ·I would like to make sure that whomever Alex's boss is knows how good he is. He was always was so kind and I felt like he would take good care of me. His opening...› continue
- Janet ·I worked with Rachel Alters, who was very knowledgable about ERISA, my health condition and the best way to present information to my private LTD company. Being...› continue