What does it mean when a disability insurance company pays disability benefits under a “reservation of rights”?
- What Does Payment of Disability Benefits Under "Reservation of Rights" Mean?
Disability attorney Cesar Gavidia discusses what it means when a claimant receives payment under a “reservation of rights”.
Payment under reservation of rights can continue from up to three months to six months, even up to a year, depending on how long the insurance company is taking to evaluate your claim. They could either, after reservation of rights have been paid, they could terminate your benefits or they could lift reservation of rights of paying your normally under your disability policy. If you have any issues regarding payments from your insurance company, please don’t hesitate to call us.
There are 2 opinions so far. Add your comment now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click Here or call 800-682-8331 Now.
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Sun Life Approves Disability Benefits to Surgical Services Director
- Sedgwick Reinstates Long Term Disability Claim Following Appeal
- 67 Year Old Circuits Designer Reaches Settlement With Prudential After Filing Suit to Recover LTD Benefits Under ERISA LTD Insurance Plan
- Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy’s Long Term Disability Claim Reinstated Following Appeal by Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara
Read what our clients say about us.
- Dawn P. ·I had to quit working after 8 years of dealing with chronic pain from 2 bulging and torn discs from an injury and failey back surgery. I was approved for Long term...› continue
- BK. K. ·After my claim was denied I was at a standstill. Not knowing what to do next, I happened upon Dell & Schaefer on an Internet search...skeptically I investigated and did...› continue
- Kelly P. ·Mr. Palamara and his staff were professional and personable. I am pleased that I got to meet the staff and the mediator in person. After meeting the staff and Mr...› continue