Ohio Disability Attorneys
- Ohio: How Can A Disability Insurance Attorney Help Me To Collect STD or LTD Benefits?
- Ohio Disability Insurance Claim Free Consultation
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Ohio?
- Ohio Courts, Government and Ohio Department of Insurance Information
- Ohio Disability Insurance Cases and Blog
Our Ohio Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Ohio and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Ohio and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Ohio disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Ohio or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Ohio residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the County, Municipal, and Court of Common Pleas under a limited set of circumstances. Ohio’s state appellate courts includes the Court of Appeals and the Ohio Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in Ohio and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Ohio Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Ohio has two Federal District Courts, which are the Northern and Southern District of Ohio Federal Courts. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Ohio Department of Insurance there are more than 1,700 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Ohio.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Ohio or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
Click here to see how we increase efficiency and reduce legal expenses for our clients.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Ohio disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state. Click here to learn more.
The list below includes the cities in Ohio in which our disability attorneys are available for a free review of your short term or long term disability claim. If you require assistance in another state please click here.
Get assistance from a Disability Attorney in all Ohio cities.
- Bowling Green
- Grove City
- West Chester
- Ohio Court System Official Website
- Ohio Judicial System Court Structure
- Official Government Website of the State of Ohio – Information regarding the state of Ohio governmental entities resources.
- Ohio Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Ohio.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (6th Circuit) – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Colorado, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Northern District of Ohio Federal Court
- Southern District of Ohio Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- A Liberty Life Disability Benefit Denial is Reversed after ERISA Appeal filed by Attorney Alex Palamara of Dell & Schaefer
- Cigna Overturns Denial of LTD Disability Benefits to Off Shore Oil Rigger Suffering From Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Mass Mutual Approves Long Term Disability Benefits For an Oncologist That Suffered Stroke
- Hartford Settles Disability Claim of 60 Year-Old Account Executive After Terminating LTD Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Ken A. DC ·First of all, may I say this: If you are a professional and find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to file a claim against your disability carrier - Do not...› continue
- Jodi C. ·Despite the fact that I work at a law firm who handles different types of cases, I had an incredibly difficult time finding a firm that would take my disability case...› continue
- Hugh ·Dear Cesar, Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me today about my sister. I want to say how refreshing it is to speak to someone who so obviously has...› continue