Kentucky Disability Attorney – Disability Insurance Lawyers
- Kentucky Disability Insurance Claim Free Consultation
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Kentucky?
- Kentucky Courts, Government and Kentucky Department of Insurance Information
- Kentucky Disability Insurance Cases and Blog
Our Kentucky Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Kentucky and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Kentucky and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Kentucky disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Kentucky or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Kentucky residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the Kentucky District Court or Circuit Court under a limited set of circumstances. Kentucky’s state appellate courts includes the Court of Appeals and the Kentucky Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in Kentucky and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Kentucky Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Kentucky has two Federal District Courts, which are the Eastern and Western District of Kentucky Federal Courts. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Kentucky Department of Insurance there are more than 1,600 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Kentucky.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Kentucky or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
Click here to see how we increase efficiency and reduce legal expenses for our clients.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Kentucky disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state. Click here to learn more.
The list below includes the cities in Kentucky in which our disability attorneys are available for a free review of your short term or long term disability claim. If you require assistance in another state please click here.
Get assistance from a Disability Attorney in all Kentucky cities.
- Bowling Green
- Ft Mitchell
- Administrative Office of the Kentucky Courts
- Kentucky Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of Kentucky – Information regarding the State of Kentucky governmental entities resources.
- Kentucky Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Kentucky.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (6th Circuit) – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Colorado, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Eastern District of Kentucky Federal Court
- Western District of Kentucky Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Long Term Disability Benefits Reinstated: After Administrative Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer, The Standard Overturns Decision To Deny Former Employee of T-Mobile USA
- Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer proves to MetLife that former Morgan Stanley Employee Should Continue to Receive ERISA Long Term Disability Benefits
- Administrative Appeal by Dell & Schaefer Helps Disabled Man with Eye Disorders Get Approved for Short Term Disability Benefits with Hartford; Long Term Benefits Next
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Successful: Claimant suffering from Sleep Disorders, Depression and Fibromyalgia Now Receiving Long Term Disability Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Patricia ·Working with Dell and Schaefer overall was a very pleasant experience. Once I contacted the firm and agreed to representation all of my worries and concerns were handled...› continue
- Jim F. ·My employer offered both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability insurance as optional benefits among others. The premiums were significant, but since they could...› continue
- Joseph R. ·After collecting LTD from Prudential for about 16 months, I was cut off without warning. At the time of being cut-off, I was recovering from my 4th back surgery. I had...› continue