What are self reported condition limitations in a group long term disability insurance policy?
- What Are Self Reported Condition Limitations in a Disability Insurance Policy?
Disability attorney Stephen Jessup discusses the definition of “self reported condition limitations” in a group long term disability insurance policy.
A self-reported symptom condition limitation are unfortunately starting to become more prevalent in group disability policies. This limitation is aimed at directly trying to limit usually to a 24-month period certain conditions such as chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and in some policies, they even define to include headaches or migraines. These are unfortunately a lot of the claims that you see people are out on disability for.
So this gives the insurance company the ability to say, “Yes, we agree that you have the condition, unfortunately, it’s capped at a 24-month period.” Now some policies do have exceptions to get around certain self-reported limitation conditions provisions and policies, but each policy, the review and analysis is different on it. So if you do have a question or concern or the insurance company is sending you a letter, usually at the time their initially approving your claim that it’s limited to a two-year period, that’s a good idea to contact our office to take a look at it to see if there’s a way to maybe try to set up your claim to avoid having benefits cease at the end of that 24-month period.
There are 2 opinions so far. Add your comment now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Lincoln Reversed Decision to Deny Benefits of Project Manager Suffering from Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicranial Cluster Headaches
- Liberty’s Decides to Terminate Benefits to a Claimant with Multiple Sclerosis Based on 40 Minutes of Surveillance Video
- Benefits Reinstated: Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Cigna’s Decision to Deny Benefits for MetroPCS Wireless Employee with HIV
- MetLife Removes 24 Month Limitation for Mental Health Condition for Financial Advisor
Read what our clients say about us.
- Rev D. ·I contacted Dell & Schaefer after a second denial by my disability insurance company. Initially, I approached the insurance company by myself and my case was denied. I...› continue
- Katherine K. ·My experience was great. My attorney treated me with respect, kept me informed, and acted in my best interest. Why would you recommend Attorneys Dell &...› continue
- Christine C. ·I had a very positive experience working with Dell & Schaefer. While attempting to handle it on my own, my long-term-disability claim had been denied two previous times...› continue