What are self reported condition limitations in a group long term disability insurance policy?
- What Are Self Reported Condition Limitations in a Disability Insurance Policy?
Disability attorney Stephen Jessup discusses the definition of “self reported condition limitations” in a group long term disability insurance policy.
A self-reported symptom condition limitation are unfortunately starting to become more prevalent in group disability policies. This limitation is aimed at directly trying to limit usually to a 24-month period certain conditions such as chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and in some policies, they even define to include headaches or migraines. These are unfortunately a lot of the claims that you see people are out on disability for.
So this gives the insurance company the ability to say, “Yes, we agree that you have the condition, unfortunately, it’s capped at a 24-month period.” Now some policies do have exceptions to get around certain self-reported limitation conditions provisions and policies, but each policy, the review and analysis is different on it. So if you do have a question or concern or the insurance company is sending you a letter, usually at the time their initially approving your claim that it’s limited to a two-year period, that’s a good idea to contact our office to take a look at it to see if there’s a way to maybe try to set up your claim to avoid having benefits cease at the end of that 24-month period.
There are 2 opinions so far. Add your comment now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Surveillance Video and Independent Medical Examination (IME) Leads to Disability Insurer Terminating Disability Claim After Paying Partially Disabled Insurance Agents Claim For 21 Years
- Cigna Approves Any Occupation Disability Benefits After Two Appeals
- Prudential Overturns Denial for Dell & Schaefer Client Suffering With Serious Back Conditions
- After Long Fight for Short Term Disability Benefits, MetLife Has Now Approved Dell & Schaefer Client for Long Term Disability Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Jill L. ·As an attorney who found herself in the shoes of a litigant against an insurer on a disability policy, I found Cesar Gavidia and his assistant Michal, wonderful. I was...› continue
- Ed T. ·Mr Dell and paralegal Merlin Bryan are an excellent team. It was a pleasure to have them working for me under what was a very stressful personal situation. They kept me...› continue
- Ron K. ·I was on disability with a major insurance company for five years without any problems, upon a field rep's visit to my home, I let him know that I was planning to try to...› continue