What are self reported condition limitations in a group long term disability insurance policy?
- What Are Self Reported Condition Limitations in a Disability Insurance Policy?
Disability attorney Stephen Jessup discusses the definition of “self reported condition limitations” in a group long term disability insurance policy.
A self-reported symptom condition limitation are unfortunately starting to become more prevalent in group disability policies. This limitation is aimed at directly trying to limit usually to a 24-month period certain conditions such as chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and in some policies, they even define to include headaches or migraines. These are unfortunately a lot of the claims that you see people are out on disability for.
So this gives the insurance company the ability to say, “Yes, we agree that you have the condition, unfortunately, it’s capped at a 24-month period.” Now some policies do have exceptions to get around certain self-reported limitation conditions provisions and policies, but each policy, the review and analysis is different on it. So if you do have a question or concern or the insurance company is sending you a letter, usually at the time their initially approving your claim that it’s limited to a two-year period, that’s a good idea to contact our office to take a look at it to see if there’s a way to maybe try to set up your claim to avoid having benefits cease at the end of that 24-month period.
There are 2 opinions so far. Add your comment now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click Here or call 800-682-8331 Now.
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy’s Long Term Disability Claim Reinstated Following Appeal by Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara
- Fresenius Medical Care North America Employee Wins Disability Appeal With CIGNA
- Hartford has a Pattern of Conducting Surveillance on a Claimant’s Birthday
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial Of Benefits To Former Excel Energy Employee
Read what our clients say about us.
- Jo Ann M. ·I contacted Stephen Jessup when I was appealing the decision to terminate my LTD benefits. I did not proceed with his services at that time but because of his...› continue
- Jeff T. ·The best advice I received when I started the process of filing my disability insurance claim was to hire the best, most experienced disability insurance lawyer...› continue
- Beth W. ·My experience with attorney Stephen Dell and his ace paralegal, Merlin Bryan, was first rate. I am an attorney who found herself disabled at a relatively young age (52)...› continue