Attorneys for Hartford Disability Claims
- Hartford Disability Appeal Won by Disability Lawyer Alex Palamara
- Hartford Disability Insurance Denials and Lawsuits Appear to Be On the Rise
- Hartford Disability Denial At Any Occupation Stage Reversed
- What To Expect At IME Exam Requested By The Hartford Insurance Co.
- Hartford Insurance Attempts to Dismiss Disability Insurance Lawsuit Claiming Statute of Limitations
- Hartford Has Some Sneaky Disability Claim Handling Pratices Video
- Hartford Disability Benefit Denial: Three Important Tips From A Disability Attorney
- Hartford Disability Lawsuit and Appeal of A Disability Insurance Denial
- Hartford Disability Denial of Woman with Sjögren's Syndrome Reversed by California Court
- Hartford Disability Settlement and Lump Sum Buyout Help
- Episode 5/1: Hartford Disability Insurance Company
- Episode 5/2: Hartford Disability Insurance Company
Of the more than 40 disability insurance companies that sell long-term disability insurance coverage, it is our opinion that The Hartford is one of the most difficult disability insurance companies to deal with.
Hartford is a “two headed monster” that will hide behind the wall of ERISA disability laws in an effort to unfairly deny long term disability claims. We call them “a two headed monster” because they are a multi-billion dollar insurance company and no matter what any TV station, newspaper or court says about Hartford, they continue to handle disability insurance claims in the same manner. It is as if they love to take cases to court.
Our firm has assisted hundreds of Hartford disability claimants to recover disability benefits.
The Hartford’s Typical Claim Handling Process Before A Claim Denial
Just about anyone that has had their long-term disability benefits denied by Hartford will tell you that Hartford:
- Sent an investigator to their home for a 3-4 hours interview;
- Showed disability video surveillance of the claimant’s recent activities outside of the home;
- Either sent the claimant to a compulsory medical exam (AKA hired gun doctor), functional capacity exam (FCE) or had the file reviewed by an external doctor; and
- Without notice to the claimant, sent a one-sided questionnaire or letter to the claimants treating physician in an effort to bait the doctor into saying the claimant can return to some type of work.
At any stage of a claim with Hartford you should consider getting our law firm involved in order to protect your contractual rights and disability benefit payments.
We Want You To Learn More About A Hartford Disability Claim
As you can see, our disability lawyers are not fans of The Hartford. A disability claimant should be proactive in order to make sure their disability benefits do not get denied.
The following is a list of things you can do to help you learn more about the claim handling actions of The Hartford:
- Watch our Hartford Disability Videos which feature several of our disability attorneys and discuss specific techniques used by Hartford to deny disability claims;
- Read some of the cases we have resolved against Hartford on behalf of our clients;
- Review comments, complaints and questions posted on our website by Hartford disability claimants;
- Read the summaries of Hartford lawsuits and court decisions around the country.
There are 155 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Prudential Overturns Denial of Benefits on Appeal After Denying Claim On Basis That Insured Failed To Show Medically Supported Restrictions and Limitations
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to Former Inventory Control Specialist
- Prudential Insurance Company Settles Breach of Contract Lawsuit Arising From Allegations That It Terminated the Claim of CPA Disabled Under AICPA Long-term Disability Insurance Policy
- Sun Life ignored its own medical expert’s opinions supporting registered nurse’s inability to work in a sedentary occupation due to severe rheumatoid arthritis
Read what our clients say about us.
- Anthony M. ·My experience with Mr. Dell and all of the staff working at the practice has been an excellent experience. Planning to make a claim for disability with a private...› continue
- Shane H. ·It was a pleasure to have had Attorney Jessup and his Assistant Kathy Bordas as my legal Counsel in my LTD case. From the very first phone call that I had with Attorney...› continue
- Gary Z. ·Steve and Danielle were so wonderful to me and my wife. We were so upset with our situation with Cigna and I called Dell & Schaefer and was transferred to Attorney...› continue