Attorneys for Hartford Disability Claims
- Hartford Disability Insurance Denials and Lawsuits Appear to Be On the Rise
- Hartford Insurance Attempts to Dismiss Disability Insurance Lawsuit Claiming Statute of Limitations
- Episode 5/1: Hartford Disability Insurance Company
- Episode 5/2: Hartford Disability Insurance Company
- Hartford Has Some Sneaky Disability Claim Handling Pratices Video
- Hartford Disability Benefit Denial: Three Important Tips From A Disability Attorney
- Hartford Disability Lawsuit and Appeal of A Disability Insurance Denial
- Hartford Disability Denial of Woman with Sjögren's Syndrome Reversed by California Court
Of the more than 40 disability insurance companies that sell long-term disability insurance coverage, it is our opinion that The Hartford is one of the most difficult disability insurance companies to deal with.
Hartford is a “two headed monster” that will hide behind the wall of ERISA disability laws in an effort to unfairly deny long term disability claims. We call them “a two headed monster” because they are a multi-billion dollar insurance company and no matter what any TV station, newspaper or court says about Hartford, they continue to handle disability insurance claims in the same manner. It is as if they love to take cases to court.
Our firm has assisted hundreds of Hartford disability claimants to recover disability benefits.
The Hartford’s Typical Claim Handling Process Before A Claim Denial
Just about anyone that has had their long-term disability benefits denied by Hartford will tell you that Hartford:
- Sent an investigator to their home for a 3-4 hours interview;
- Showed disability video surveillance of the claimant’s recent activities outside of the home;
- Either sent the claimant to a compulsory medical exam (AKA hired gun doctor), functional capacity exam (FCE) or had the file reviewed by an external doctor; and
- Without notice to the claimant, sent a one-sided questionnaire or letter to the claimants treating physician in an effort to bait the doctor into saying the claimant can return to some type of work.
At any stage of a claim with Hartford you should consider getting our law firm involved in order to protect your contractual rights and disability benefit payments.
We Want You To Learn More About A Hartford Disability Claim
As you can see, our disability lawyers are not fans of The Hartford. A disability claimant should be proactive in order to make sure their disability benefits do not get denied.
The following is a list of things you can do to help you learn more about the claim handling actions of The Hartford:
- Watch our Hartford Disability Videos which feature several of our disability attorneys and discuss specific techniques used by Hartford to deny disability claims;
- Read some of the cases we have resolved against Hartford on behalf of our clients;
- Review comments, complaints and questions posted on our website by Hartford disability claimants;
- Read the summaries of Hartford lawsuits and court decisions around the country.
There are 108 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Liberty’s Decides to Terminate Benefits to a Claimant with Multiple Sclerosis Based on 40 Minutes of Surveillance Video
- Benefits Reinstated: Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Cigna’s Decision to Deny Benefits for MetroPCS Wireless Employee with HIV
- MetLife Removes 24 Month Limitation for Mental Health Condition for Financial Advisor
- Principal Approves Long Term Disability Benefits for Surgeon
Read what our clients say about us.
- Rev D. ·I contacted Dell & Schaefer after a second denial by my disability insurance company. Initially, I approached the insurance company by myself and my case was denied. I...› continue
- Katherine K. ·My experience was great. My attorney treated me with respect, kept me informed, and acted in my best interest. Why would you recommend Attorneys Dell &...› continue
- Christine C. ·I had a very positive experience working with Dell & Schaefer. While attempting to handle it on my own, my long-term-disability claim had been denied two previous times...› continue