Attorneys for Hartford Disability Claims
- Hartford Disability Insurance Denials and Lawsuits Appear to Be On the Rise
- Hartford Insurance Attempts to Dismiss Disability Insurance Lawsuit Claiming Statute of Limitations
- Episode 5/1: Hartford Disability Insurance Company
- Episode 5/2: Hartford Disability Insurance Company
- Hartford Has Some Sneaky Disability Claim Handling Pratices Video
- Hartford Disability Benefit Denial: Three Important Tips From A Disability Attorney
- Hartford Disability Lawsuit and Appeal of A Disability Insurance Denial
- Hartford Disability Denial of Woman with Sjögren's Syndrome Reversed by California Court
Of the more than 40 disability insurance companies that sell long-term disability insurance coverage, it is our opinion that The Hartford is one of the most difficult disability insurance companies to deal with.
Hartford is a “two headed monster” that will hide behind the wall of ERISA disability laws in an effort to unfairly deny long term disability claims. We call them “a two headed monster” because they are a multi-billion dollar insurance company and no matter what any TV station, newspaper or court says about Hartford, they continue to handle disability insurance claims in the same manner. It is as if they love to take cases to court.
Our firm has assisted hundreds of Hartford disability claimants to recover disability benefits.
The Hartford’s Typical Claim Handling Process Before A Claim Denial
Just about anyone that has had their long-term disability benefits denied by Hartford will tell you that Hartford:
- Sent an investigator to their home for a 3-4 hours interview;
- Showed disability video surveillance of the claimant’s recent activities outside of the home;
- Either sent the claimant to a compulsory medical exam (AKA hired gun doctor), functional capacity exam (FCE) or had the file reviewed by an external doctor; and
- Without notice to the claimant, sent a one-sided questionnaire or letter to the claimants treating physician in an effort to bait the doctor into saying the claimant can return to some type of work.
At any stage of a claim with Hartford you should consider getting our law firm involved in order to protect your contractual rights and disability benefit payments.
We Want You To Learn More About A Hartford Disability Claim
As you can see, our disability lawyers are not fans of The Hartford. A disability claimant should be proactive in order to make sure their disability benefits do not get denied.
The following is a list of things you can do to help you learn more about the claim handling actions of The Hartford:
- Watch our Hartford Disability Videos which feature several of our disability attorneys and discuss specific techniques used by Hartford to deny disability claims;
- Read some of the cases we have resolved against Hartford on behalf of our clients;
- Review comments, complaints and questions posted on our website by Hartford disability claimants;
- Read the summaries of Hartford lawsuits and court decisions around the country.
There are 92 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Cigna Reverses Long Term Disability Denial And Admits Denying Benefits To Attorney Stricken With Parkinson’s Was Wrong
- Hartford ERISA Disability Appeal Victory for a Jet Operator Suffering with Chronic Back Pain
- A Liberty Life Disability Benefit Denial is Reversed after ERISA Appeal filed by Attorney Alex Palamara of Dell & Schaefer
- Cigna Overturns Denial of LTD Disability Benefits to Off Shore Oil Rigger Suffering From Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Read what our clients say about us.
- Rhonda L. ·Gregory Dell has saved my family from bankruptcy. I got sick with Vasculitis and had to undergo 4 years of chemo treatments. I worked during this time as pharmaceutical...› continue
- Agnes X. ·Alex helped me and my brother for multiple cases in the past five years. He earned my trust and confidence through his hard work, attention to detail, well thought plans...› continue
- Steven W. ·"Whatever it Takes", and you can take that to the bank, as I did. I was declared disabled in March 2010 after unsuccessful Back surgeries, CSC Implants, numerous other...› continue