Attorneys for CIGNA Disability Claims
- Episode 6/1: CIGNA Long-Term Disability Insurance Company
- Episode 6/2: CIGNA Long-Term Disability Insurance Company
- Cigna Disability Insurance Denial to Woman with Sjogren's Disease
- CIGNA Ordered To Pay Disability Insurance Benefits Beyond 24 Month Mental Nervous Limitation
- 3 Important Steps to Take Following a CIGNA or LINA Disability Denial Video
- Cigna / LINA Long Term Disability Insurance Settlement Agreement Information Video
On a daily basis our disability attorneys speak with individuals that either have been denied disability benefits by Cigna or are concerned that their Cigna disability claim will be denied.
Numerous federal ERISA disability lawsuits are filed against Cigna on a weekly basis due to their unreasonable claim denials. Our disability insurance attorneys have assisted hundreds of Cigna claimants with either their application for benefits, disability ERISA appeal, lawsuit against Cigna, or a Cigna lump-sum buyout offer.
Cigna, a publicly traded company and the parent company of Life Insurance Company of North America (LINA) is one of the world’s largest Group ERISA long-term disability insurance companies.
Why Does Cigna Deny So Many Disability Claims?
As a multi-billion dollar corporation Cigna is in business to collect premiums and try to make as much money as possible. While Cigna does not deny every short term or long term disability claim, they will rely upon ERISA regulations and any other opportunities to deny a claim.
From our law firm’s experience, Cigna is very careless in their review of a disability claim and will often deny disability benefits without physically examining the claimant. Additionally, they rely on unauthorized video surveillance of a claimant in order to prove that a claimant should be able to return to work.
A majority of the Cigna disability denials come when the definition of disability changes from “own-occupation” to the “inability to perform any gainful occupation”. Most Cigna denial letters will state that the claim has been denied as a result of “a lack of objective evidence”.
Cigna Disability Claim Free Information, Videos, Law Suits and Comments
We want you to know as much as possible about Cigna and their disability claim handling tactics. We regularly update this section of our site.
We hope you find the following information about Cigna helpful:
- Watch Cigna disability videos featuring attorneys Gregory Dell, Stephen Jessup and Cesar Gavidia;
- Read summaries about some of the Cigna disability claims that our firm has resolved;
- Read comments from Cigna claimants, ask questions, or share your experience about dealing with Cigna. Our lawyers routinely respond to the posted comments;
- Read summaries about Cigna lawsuits and court decisions around the country. These summaries help you to learn more about the way in which Cigna behaves;
- On May 13, 2013 Cigna entered into a Regulatory Settlement Agreement with California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania which requires Cigna to pay a fine of $1.675 million dollars to the five states and re-evaluate wrongfully denied claims to the citizens of these states from the years 2009 and 2010, except California residents are entitled to have claims reviewed from2008 through 2010. Click here to either watch our video or to learn more about the 2013 Cigna Regulatory Settlement Agreement.
- In 2009 the California Department of Insurance fined LINA / Cigna $600,000 and ordered them to re-evaluate thousands of wrongfully denied long-term disability insurance claims. Click here to read the California Settlement Agreement and the Report of Market Conduct regarding LINA / Cigna’s wrongful long term disability claims handling practices.
Our Disability Lawyers Are Constantly Battling and Monitoring Cigna
As a disability insurance law firm with clients located nationwide, we have the ability to monitor the claims handling tactics of Cigna throughout the country. We track every lawsuit and court decision across the country dealing with Cigna. At any given time we have numerous lawsuits pending against Cigna.
It is our responsibility to know everything and anything about Cigna in order to give our clients the best chance of collecting disability benefits.
There are 121 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Lincoln Approves Disability Claim After Multiple Appeals
- Cigna Reverses Long Term Disability Denial And Admits Denying Benefits To Attorney Stricken With Parkinson’s Was Wrong
- Hartford ERISA Disability Appeal Victory for a Jet Operator Suffering with Chronic Back Pain
- A Liberty Life Disability Benefit Denial is Reversed after ERISA Appeal filed by Attorney Alex Palamara of Dell & Schaefer
Read what our clients say about us.
- Rhonda L. ·Gregory Dell has saved my family from bankruptcy. I got sick with Vasculitis and had to undergo 4 years of chemo treatments. I worked during this time as pharmaceutical...› continue
- Agnes X. ·Alex helped me and my brother for multiple cases in the past five years. He earned my trust and confidence through his hard work, attention to detail, well thought plans...› continue
- Steven W. ·"Whatever it Takes", and you can take that to the bank, as I did. I was declared disabled in March 2010 after unsuccessful Back surgeries, CSC Implants, numerous other...› continue