Attorneys for Liberty Mutual Disability Claims
- Liberty Mutual Denial of Disability Benefits to Allstate Employee is Reversed
- Episode 12/1: Liberty Mutual Long Term & Short Term Disability Insurance Claims
- Episode 12/2: Liberty Mutual Long Term Disability Insurance Claims
- Liberty Mutual Relies On Video Surveillance to Deny Disability Benefits Video
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company also known as Liberty Life Assurance of Boston is a short term and long term disability insurance company that likes to play hardball with your disability benefits. We often think that Liberty forgets they are making claim decisions which will substantially impact a person’s ability to financially support themselves or their family.
Liberty Mutual is no stranger to the Federal Courts as they are sued numerous times every years as a result of unreasonable disability claim denials. On any given day our law firm has multiple Liberty Mutual Appeals and lawsuits pending on behalf of clients located throughout the country.
Whether you are applying, appealing or need to file a lawsuit against Liberty Mutual, call us for a free phone consultation.
Five Reasons Liberty Mutual Disability Denials Are Common
The majority of the Liberty Mutual disability policies are governed by ERISA. This means that a claimant must be able to prove that Liberty acted unreasonably in order to reverse a claim denial. Pursuant to ERISA regulations, a judge is required to give deference to the insurance company.
Please watch some of our ERISA disability videos to learn more about how ERISA relates to disability claims.
Due to the high number of Liberty Mutual disability denials we have identified the following routine reasons for claim denial:
- Liberty fails to take into consideration the pre-disability occupational duties of the claimant. Instead, Liberty will give the job a classification such as sedentary and make a determination that if a claimant can sit for 4-6 hours a day, then they must be able to do their job. Unfortunately, Liberty fails to take into consideration that even a sedentary job requires a person to think without disruption. Pain is a disabling factor that prevents most people from being able to focus and effectively do their job. Liberty will commonly argue that pain is subjective and there is insufficient medical documentation to support your level of pain.
- Liberty relies very heavily on video surveillance to deny claims. Please watch our Liberty Mutual video to learn more about this.
- Liberty will often argue that a person does not have sufficient objective evidence such as an MRI, CT SCAN or X-ray to support the subjective complaints of pain. There are many medical conditions such as fibromyalgia, back and neck disorders, chronic headaches, and chronic fatigue in which diagnostic testing can never reveal an individual’s level of pain. Liberty essentially creates an artificial burden which a claimant can never satisfy.
- Liberty will hire a medical doctor to review the medical records only and never examine the claimant. We always find it hard to understand how a doctor reviewing medical records only can make a determination about an individual’s ability to work 8 hours a day. In many cases we have seen Liberty violate ERISA by relying on the wrong type of medical specialist to review a claim.
- Most Liberty mutual disability policies change to an “any occupation” definition after 24 months of payments. In most cases Liberty will make a determination that there it at least one job that a claimant could perform.
Liberty Mutual Disability Cases, Complaints And Videos
We are always trying to provide as much information as possible in order to educate and manage the expectations of Liberty Mutual disability claimants.
On our website you can review some of our Liberty Mutual Videos featuring attorneys Gregory Dell, Stephen Jessup and Rachel Alters. You can also read short articles discussing Liberty Mutual disability lawsuits and court opinions nationwide. Lastly we invite you to post your comments, complaints, or questions about Liberty Mutual on our website so that other Liberty policy holders can learn from your experiences.
Contact us privately if we can assist you with your disability claim anywhere in the country.
There are 39 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Prudential Agrees to Reinstate Long Term Disability Benefits for an Employee of DRS Technologies who suffers from very severe back issues
- Standard Overturns Denial of Disability Benefits to Chiropractor
- Long Term Disability Benefits Reinstated: After Administrative Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer, The Standard Overturns Decision To Deny Former Employee of T-Mobile USA
- Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer proves to MetLife that former Morgan Stanley Employee Should Continue to Receive ERISA Long Term Disability Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Tracy L. ·Stephen is an incredible attorney. He helped me tremendously and if I did not retain his services and expertise, I would have gotten a big fat zero. My case was...› continue
- Dorothy L. ·My experience with Dell & Schaefer was wonderful. I don't think that my Disability would have been reinstated if it hadn't been for this firm.Why would you recommend...› continue
- Mark C. M.D. ·Working with Stephen and Greg was a wonderful experience. I was initially very hesitant to speak with a lawyer, but Stephen and Greg made the entire process easy and...› continue