- Applying for Short or Long Term Disability Insurance Benefits Should Not Be Done Alone
- Long Term Disability Insurance Application Process for Doctors, Surgeons and Dentists Video
- Three Important Things to Consider When Applying for Disability Insurance Benefits
- Residual Disability Insurance Claims and Applying For Disability Benefits
- Application Process for Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance Benefits
The most important aspect of filing a claim for either short term or long term disability benefits is the information contained within the initial disability benefits application submitted to the disability insurance company. Disability insurance companies wrongfully treat every disability with the ultimate goal of returning the disability claimant back to work.
The disability benefits application process is complex and most applicants applying for disability benefits do not realize the manner in which disability insurance companies scrutinize and investigate claims for disability insurance benefits. Filing for disability requires a coordinated effort between your treating physicians, employer, accountant and past co-workers. Whether you are a physician, business owner, teacher, engineer, manager, lawyer, financial planner, or a salesperson, you should not assume that you know how to apply for disability benefits.
Our law firm has counseled and guided hundreds of applicants throughout the disability application process and we know how to file for disability. We always recommend that a claimant speak to a disability benefits lawyer before they even notify the insurance company of a potential claim for disability. Anticipating all of the insurance company’s future actions before filing a disability claim will put a claimant in the best position to secure long-term disability benefits.
Always keep in mind that the long-term disability benefits application is drafted by the insurance company. The disability benefits application is often drafted with vague questions which can both mislead the claimant and the claimant’s treating doctors that complete the disability application claim forms. It is in your best interest to work with disability benefit attorneys that have reviewed thousands of long term disability applications.
What Type of Disability Benefit Application Can We Assist You With?
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Prudential Overturns Denial of Benefits on Appeal After Denying Claim On Basis That Insured Failed To Show Medically Supported Restrictions and Limitations
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to Former Inventory Control Specialist
- Prudential Insurance Company Settles Breach of Contract Lawsuit Arising From Allegations That It Terminated the Claim of CPA Disabled Under AICPA Long-term Disability Insurance Policy
- Sun Life ignored its own medical expert’s opinions supporting registered nurse’s inability to work in a sedentary occupation due to severe rheumatoid arthritis
Read what our clients say about us.
- Anthony M. ·My experience with Mr. Dell and all of the staff working at the practice has been an excellent experience. Planning to make a claim for disability with a private...› continue
- Shane H. ·It was a pleasure to have had Attorney Jessup and his Assistant Kathy Bordas as my legal Counsel in my LTD case. From the very first phone call that I had with Attorney...› continue
- Gary Z. ·Steve and Danielle were so wonderful to me and my wife. We were so upset with our situation with Cigna and I called Dell & Schaefer and was transferred to Attorney...› continue