Attorneys for Sedgwick Disability Claims
- Sedgwick Ignores Medical Records and Denies Disability Benefits Video
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services Disability Benefit Claims Video
Does Sedgwick Approve Any Claims For Disability Benefits?
Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Sedgwick) is often a nightmare for disability insurance claimants to deal with.
On almost a daily basis we are contacted about an unreasonable Sedgwick disability denial. A simple review of the public comments posted on our website gives you a very quick understanding about the unreasonable manner in which Sedgwick can operate. You should also watch our Sedgwick videos and read some of the articles listed below to learn more about their conduct.
Our law firm has handled numerous Sedgwick disability Appeals and lawsuits throughout the USA. Contact us to discuss your options if your Sedgwick short term or long term disability claim has been denied. We never charge any fees or costs unless we recover disability benefits for you.
Is Sedgwick Claims Management A Disability Insurance Company?
Sedgwick is a third party administrator that manages short term and long term disability insurance claims on behalf of employers and insurance companies.
As a third party administrator Sedgwick may have the authority to approve or deny a disability insurance claim, but the money to actually fund the disability benefit is not paid by Sedgwick. For example, Sedgwick is the claims administrator for the AT&T disability plan, but the money to pay benefits, if approved by Sedgwick, comes from AT&T.
Sedgwick claims to have more than 6,400 employees in more than 150 offices throughout the US and Canada. Sedgwick prides themselves on providing cost effective claims management, which usually means they use special techniques to help employers or insurance companies reduce the amount of financial exposure due to paying disability benefits. Additional information about Sedgwick and their philosophy for handling disability insurance claims can be reviewed here.
From our law firm’s experience, Sedgwick appears to be overwhelmed with disability claims and they do not hire qualified people to administer claims. Sedgwick claims examiners function like robots and in most cases it seems as if they are programmed to deny disability benefits.
Sedgwick has all of the resources necessary to attempt to prove a claimant is not disabled. For example, Sedgwick purchased a company called Factual Photo. Factual Photo was purchased so that Sedgwick could have their own in-house resources in order to obtain video surveillance and photos of disability insurance claimants.
Share Your Thoughts With Us And Other Disability Claimants Nationwide
We encourage you to post your complaints, comments, or share your experience about dealing with Sedgwick.
It is our goal that your online posting will help educate other claimants across the country that must deal with Sedgwick.
We also recommend you review our short articles summarizing lawsuits and court decisions involving Sedgwick.
Please contact us privately if you would like assistance with your claim.
There are 182 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Mutual Of Omaha Overturns Denial of Short Term Disability Benefits for Software Developer With Chronic Back Pain
- Cigna Overturns Denial of Disability Insurance Benefits for IT Consultant Suffering from Physical and Mental Conditions
- Dell & Schaefer’s Client Awarded ERISA Long Term Disability Benefits After ERISA Appeal Filed
- Alex Palamara’s ERISA Disability Appeal Against Prudential Leads To Reinstatement of Benefits for Woman With Cerebral Aneurysm
Read what our clients say about us.
- Ken A. DC ·First of all, may I say this: If you are a professional and find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to file a claim against your disability carrier - Do not...› continue
- Judy G. ·Two days before Christmas, I received a call from MetLife Insurance. The woman stated to me, that my disability insurance, that I paid premiums 11 yrs through my...› continue
- Janelle R. ·I loved working with Steve! Not only was he professional and knowledgeable but he also was kind and compassionate and really made me feel like not only my case mattered...› continue