Pennsylvania Disability Insurance Attorneys
- Pennsylvania - A Disability Lawyer Helping Insurance Claimants Nationwide
- Cigna Disability Agreement for Massachusetts Residents Video
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Pennsylvania?
- Pennsylvania Courts, Government and Pennsylvania Department of Insurance Information
Our Pennsylvania Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Pennsylvania and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Pennsylvania and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Pennsylvania disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Pennsylvania or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Pennsylvania residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the Court of Common Pleas under a limited set of circumstances. Pennsylvania’s state appellate courts includes the Commonwealth Court, Superior Court, and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in Pennsylvania and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Pennsylvania Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Pennsylvania has three Federal District Courts, which are the Eastern, Middle, and Western District of Pennsylvania Federal Courts. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance there are more than 1,800 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Pennsylvania.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Pennsylvania or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Pennsylvania disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state.
- Pennsylvania Court System Official Website
- Pennsylvania Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of Pennsylvania-Information regarding the state of Pennsylvania governmental entities resources.
- Pennsylvania Department of Insurance-Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Pennsylvania.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (3rd Circuit) – Features opinions, dockets, rules, procedures, forms and more. Jurisdiction includes Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Federal Court
- Middle District of Pennsylvania Federal Court
- Western District of Pennsylvania Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click Here or call 800-682-8331 Now.
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Sun Life Approves Disability Benefits to Surgical Services Director
- Sedgwick Reinstates Long Term Disability Claim Following Appeal
- 67 Year Old Circuits Designer Reaches Settlement With Prudential After Filing Suit to Recover LTD Benefits Under ERISA LTD Insurance Plan
- Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy’s Long Term Disability Claim Reinstated Following Appeal by Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara
Read what our clients say about us.
- Dawn K. ·I was having quite a difficult situation in dealing with my employee benefit carrier Cigna regarding a long-term disability claim. I reached out to a few law firms to...› continue
- Pam D. ·My experience with Mr. Palamara was excellent. Mr. Palamara was always quick to respond to any questions I had and he was 100% dedicated to resolving my case with the...› continue
- James E. ·I am very happy that I went with Rachel and her staff at DIAttorney. She is very knowledgeable of the process, understanding and gracious when I might get frustrated...› continue