Virginia Disability Attorneys
- Virginia: A Disability Lawyer Helps Disability Insurance Claimants At All Stages
- Virginia Disability Insurance Claim Free Consultation
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Virginia?
- Virginia Courts, Government and Virginia Department of Insurance Information
- Virginia Disability Insurance Cases and Blog
Our Virginia Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Virginia and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Virginia and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Virginia disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Virginia or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Virginia residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the District Court or Circuit under a limited set of circumstances. Virginia’s state appellate courts includes the Court of Appeals and the Virginia Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in Virginia and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Virginia Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Virginia has two Federal District Courts, which are the Eastern and Western District of Virginia Federal Courts. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Virginia Department of Insurance there are more than 1,700 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Virginia.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Virginia or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone. Click here to see how we increase efficiency and reduce legal expenses for our clients.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Virginia disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state. Click here to learn more.
The list below includes the cities in Virginia in which our disability attorneys are available for a free review of your short term or long term disability claim. If you require assistance in another state please click here.
Get assistance from a Disability Attorney in all Virginia cities.
- Colonial Heights
- Falls Church
- Front Royal
- Glen Allen
- Mc Lean
- Newport News
- Virginia Beach
- Virginia Court System Official Website
- Virginia Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of Virginia – Information regarding the state of Virginia government entities resources
- Virginia Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Virginia
- United States Court Of Appeals for The Fourth Circuit – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Eastern District of Virginia Federal Court
- Western District of Virginia Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Dell & Schaefer convinces Sun Life to Overturn Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits for a Person Suffering from Severe Cervical Disorders
- Hartford Agrees to Overturn its Previous Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits for an Employee of Adventist HealthCare who suffers from RSD/Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Florida Nurse wins long term disability benefits from UNUM after Disability Attorney Alex Palamara wins ERISA Appeal
- After Initially Being Denied Long Term Disability Benefits, Dell & Schaefer Gets Former Wal-Mart Employee on Claim with Liberty Mutual
Read what our clients say about us.
- Marlene D. ·When I saw myself in the need to seek legal advise, I didn't quite know where to turn, since I hadn't needed one ever before. So... keeping up with the times, I turned...› continue
- Thomas S. DVM ·When I first thought about a disability claim and what was required to qualify, I met with Greg Dell and he clearly spelled it all out for me. He quickly advised me...› continue
- Patricia E. ·After fighting with UNUM for over a year over whether I was disabled (I had been determined to be disabled by the Federal Government and had a letter stating such), I...› continue