Episode 24 Top Five Reasons for Disability Insurance Denials
Nationwide Disability attorneys Gregory Dell and Rachel Alters discuss the top five reasons that Disability Insurance Claims are denied.
The information in this video applies to both ERISA and Non-ERISA disability insurance policies.
The top five reasons for denial are:
- Claimant is videotaped by the insurance company’s private investigator;
- Claimant is sent to a Compulsory Medical Exam by Insurance Company;
- Claimant has a change in Disability Definition from Own Occupation to Any Occupation;
- Treating Physician does not properly document Claimant’s Medical Condition in Medical Records;
- Treating Physician or Claimant Makes a Mistake with a Claim Form;
- Change of disability claim rep handling the claim.
Please note: Disability insurance attorney Gregory Michael Dell created Disability Insurance Law TV in order to educate long term disability claimants about common issues related to long term disability insurance claims. New episodes are filmed on regular basis. Our disability videos are for informational purposes only and they are not legal advice.