Nationwide Disability attorneys Gregory Dell and Rachel Alters discuss the top five reasons that Disability Insurance Claims are denied.
The information in this video applies to both ERISA and Non-ERISA disability insurance policies.
The top five reasons for denial are:
- Claimant is videotaped by the insurance company’s private investigator;
- Claimant is sent to a Compulsory Medical Exam by Insurance Company;
- Claimant has a change in Disability Definition from Own Occupation to Any Occupation;
- Treating Physician does not properly document Claimant’s Medical Condition in Medical Records;
- Treating Physician or Claimant Makes a Mistake with a Claim Form;