Disability Insurance Attorney Jay Symonds Helps Claimants Nationwide
Jay P. Symonds is a partner in the Disability Income Division of Dell & Schaefer, Chartered. Jay focuses his legal practice in representing claimants at all stages of a disability insurance claim with a large percentage of his work dedicated to ERISA based administrative appeals and litigation.
Jay is a 1997 cum laude graduate from New England Law and received his undergraduate degree in 1991 from Bentley University, where he received a B.S. in Finance. Jay spent the first part of his career gaining invaluable experience serving as in-house and outside counsel for several prominent U.S. Disability Insurance carriers. As legal counsel for insurance carriers he managed lawsuits nationwide involving insured and reinsured group life and disability plans under ERISA. Jay’s expertise with disability insurance matters was used to provide training and risk assessment to disability claims and appeals units regarding administrative services and proper claims practices, procedures and investigations. Today, Jay uses his experience to help claimants who are unfairly denied employee benefits from insurance carriers including disability and life insurance benefits under the federal ERISA statute.
- Describe yourself in three words: Family, Loyal, Hardworking
- Best thing to do in your free time: Spend time with family and friends.
- Favorite place to travel: Aruba, New Hampshire
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite TV Show: College Football
- Favorite Book: The Last Lecture – Randy Pausch
- Favorite Movie: Field of Dreams
- Favorite quote: “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- What do you like about your job: Helping those who have nowhere else to turn.