In order to help avoid denial by a disability insurance company here are a few actions a claimant can take:
- See your treating physicians at least once every 3 months;
- Make sure your treating physician is documenting all of your restrictions and limitation in detail. It is not enough for your doctor say that you cannot work. Your medical records should be reviewed regularly.;
- Complete any diagnostic test which are recommended by your doctor. If your doctor has not performed any objective diagnostic testing, you should ask your doctor to have objective testing completed so that you can further document your disability. Be aware that if the test results do not support your disability, then the insurance company may use this information against you. If it has been more than 2 years since conducting diagnostic test, then the test should be repeated.;
- Keep a daily or weekly journal of activities that cause pain.;
- Take photographs of any swelling or videotape yourself on days you are experiencing disabling pain.
Attorneys Dell & Schaefer represent claimants with the monthly claim handling of their long-term disability insurance claim.