Unum Disability Denial For 24 Month Self Reported Pain Limitation Due to Migraines Upheld By Virginia Court
- 24 Month Self Reported Symptoms Limitation in Unum Disability Policy Case Study Video
Author: Attorney Alex Palamara
Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara discusses a recent ruling by a Virginia District Court in a lawsuit filed against Unum Life Insurance Company of America. (Note: Attorneys Dell & Schaefer did not represent the claimant in this Unum lawsuit.) The claimant filed a disability claim, and received benefits for her migraine headache condition.
Unfortunately, her disability insurance policy contained a 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation. In her lawsuit she argued that objective diagnostic testing in the form of a brain MRI revealed evidence of her migraine headache condition. However, the issue was not whether the claimant could prove she had the migraine headache condition, but whether she could prove that she had a migraine headache right now. The Court determined her condition fell under the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation and upheld Unum’s denial. If your disability claim has been denied by Unum, or any other disability insurance company, as a result of the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation, please feel free to contact any of our disability attorneys for a free consultation to discuss your disability insurance claim.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Administrative Appeal by Dell & Schaefer Helps Disabled Man with Eye Disorders Get Approved for Short Term Disability Benefits with Hartford; Long Term Benefits Next
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Successful: Claimant suffering from Sleep Disorders, Depression and Fibromyalgia Now Receiving Long Term Disability Benefits
- Aetna overturns decision to deny LTD benefits for claimant suffering from post-concussion syndrome and neurocognitive disorder
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Proves to MetLife that Client is Still Disabled and Claim Not Subject to Certain Policy Limitations
Read what our clients say about us.
- William A. ·I was hoping for some sort of settlement with my long term disability insurance company but to be honest I didn't expect to win my case. I contacted Dell & Schaefer in...› continue
- Harry K. ·Dell & Schaefer has earned a reputation as a top notch law firm specializing in disability insurance claims. I understand why. My personal experience was nothing short...› continue
- Joe C. ·After being denied twice for my short term disability benefits I called Dell & Schaefer. Then I filed my appeal on my own and was once again denied.After the denial...› continue