Unum Disability Denial For 24 Month Self Reported Pain Limitation Due to Migraines Upheld By Virginia Court
- 24 Month Self Reported Symptoms Limitation in Unum Disability Policy Case Study Video
Author: Attorney Alex Palamara
Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara discusses a recent ruling by a Virginia District Court in a lawsuit filed against Unum Life Insurance Company of America. (Note: Attorneys Dell & Schaefer did not represent the claimant in this Unum lawsuit.) The claimant filed a disability claim, and received benefits for her migraine headache condition.
Unfortunately, her disability insurance policy contained a 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation. In her lawsuit she argued that objective diagnostic testing in the form of a brain MRI revealed evidence of her migraine headache condition. However, the issue was not whether the claimant could prove she had the migraine headache condition, but whether she could prove that she had a migraine headache right now. The Court determined her condition fell under the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation and upheld Unum’s denial. If your disability claim has been denied by Unum, or any other disability insurance company, as a result of the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation, please feel free to contact any of our disability attorneys for a free consultation to discuss your disability insurance claim.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Lincoln Reversed Decision to Deny Benefits of Project Manager Suffering from Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicranial Cluster Headaches
- Liberty’s Decides to Terminate Benefits to a Claimant with Multiple Sclerosis Based on 40 Minutes of Surveillance Video
- Benefits Reinstated: Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Cigna’s Decision to Deny Benefits for MetroPCS Wireless Employee with HIV
- MetLife Removes 24 Month Limitation for Mental Health Condition for Financial Advisor
Read what our clients say about us.
- Rev D. ·I contacted Dell & Schaefer after a second denial by my disability insurance company. Initially, I approached the insurance company by myself and my case was denied. I...› continue
- Katherine K. ·My experience was great. My attorney treated me with respect, kept me informed, and acted in my best interest. Why would you recommend Attorneys Dell &...› continue
- Christine C. ·I had a very positive experience working with Dell & Schaefer. While attempting to handle it on my own, my long-term-disability claim had been denied two previous times...› continue