Unum Disability Denial For 24 Month Self Reported Pain Limitation Due to Migraines Upheld By Virginia Court
- 24 Month Self Reported Symptoms Limitation in Unum Disability Policy Case Study Video
Author: Attorney Alex Palamara
Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara discusses a recent ruling by a Virginia District Court in a lawsuit filed against Unum Life Insurance Company of America. (Note: Attorneys Dell & Schaefer did not represent the claimant in this Unum lawsuit.) The claimant filed a disability claim, and received benefits for her migraine headache condition.
Unfortunately, her disability insurance policy contained a 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation. In her lawsuit she argued that objective diagnostic testing in the form of a brain MRI revealed evidence of her migraine headache condition. However, the issue was not whether the claimant could prove she had the migraine headache condition, but whether she could prove that she had a migraine headache right now. The Court determined her condition fell under the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation and upheld Unum’s denial. If your disability claim has been denied by Unum, or any other disability insurance company, as a result of the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation, please feel free to contact any of our disability attorneys for a free consultation to discuss your disability insurance claim.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Mutual of Omaha Reinstates Benefits of Business Development Manager after Appealing the Termination of Her LTD Benefits
- Attorney Alex Palamara Helps Correction officer to Win Cigna Disability Appeal
- Disability Benefits Reinstated: Dell & Schaefer Appeal Gets CIGNA to Admit its Decision to Deny was Wrong
- After Being Offered $20,908.56 in Back Benefits and Interest, Attorney Alex Palamara Helps Disabled Nurse Receive $450,213.86 plus $5,000/mo going forward Due to Regulatory Settlement Agreement
Read what our clients say about us.
- Jeff T. ·The best advice I received when I started the process of filing my disability insurance claim was to hire the best, most experienced disability insurance lawyer...› continue
- Beth W. ·My experience with attorney Stephen Dell and his ace paralegal, Merlin Bryan, was first rate. I am an attorney who found herself disabled at a relatively young age (52)...› continue
- John H. ·From the initial consultation through a successful resolution of my disability case, Alex and the team were professional and compassionate. The total team worked with...› continue