Unum Disability Denial For 24 Month Self Reported Pain Limitation Due to Migraines Upheld By Virginia Court
- 24 Month Self Reported Symptoms Limitation in Unum Disability Policy Case Study Video
Author: Attorney Alex Palamara
Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara discusses a recent ruling by a Virginia District Court in a lawsuit filed against Unum Life Insurance Company of America. (Note: Attorneys Dell & Schaefer did not represent the claimant in this Unum lawsuit.) The claimant filed a disability claim, and received benefits for her migraine headache condition.
Unfortunately, her disability insurance policy contained a 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation. In her lawsuit she argued that objective diagnostic testing in the form of a brain MRI revealed evidence of her migraine headache condition. However, the issue was not whether the claimant could prove she had the migraine headache condition, but whether she could prove that she had a migraine headache right now. The Court determined her condition fell under the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation and upheld Unum’s denial. If your disability claim has been denied by Unum, or any other disability insurance company, as a result of the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation, please feel free to contact any of our disability attorneys for a free consultation to discuss your disability insurance claim.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Dell & Schaefer convinces Sun Life to Overturn Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits for a Person Suffering from Severe Cervical Disorders
- Hartford Agrees to Overturn its Previous Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits for an Employee of Adventist HealthCare who suffers from RSD/Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Florida Nurse wins long term disability benefits from UNUM after Disability Attorney Alex Palamara wins ERISA Appeal
- After Initially Being Denied Long Term Disability Benefits, Dell & Schaefer Gets Former Wal-Mart Employee on Claim with Liberty Mutual
Read what our clients say about us.
- Marlene D. ·When I saw myself in the need to seek legal advise, I didn't quite know where to turn, since I hadn't needed one ever before. So... keeping up with the times, I turned...› continue
- Thomas S. DVM ·When I first thought about a disability claim and what was required to qualify, I met with Greg Dell and he clearly spelled it all out for me. He quickly advised me...› continue
- Patricia E. ·After fighting with UNUM for over a year over whether I was disabled (I had been determined to be disabled by the Federal Government and had a letter stating such), I...› continue