Unum Disability Denial For 24 Month Self Reported Pain Limitation Due to Migraines Upheld By Virginia Court
- 24 Month Self Reported Symptoms Limitation in Unum Disability Policy Case Study Video
Author: Attorney Alex Palamara
Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara discusses a recent ruling by a Virginia District Court in a lawsuit filed against Unum Life Insurance Company of America. (Note: Attorneys Dell & Schaefer did not represent the claimant in this Unum lawsuit.) The claimant filed a disability claim, and received benefits for her migraine headache condition.
Unfortunately, her disability insurance policy contained a 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation. In her lawsuit she argued that objective diagnostic testing in the form of a brain MRI revealed evidence of her migraine headache condition. However, the issue was not whether the claimant could prove she had the migraine headache condition, but whether she could prove that she had a migraine headache right now. The Court determined her condition fell under the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation and upheld Unum’s denial. If your disability claim has been denied by Unum, or any other disability insurance company, as a result of the 24-Month Self-Reported Symptom Limitation, please feel free to contact any of our disability attorneys for a free consultation to discuss your disability insurance claim.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Prudential Overturns Denial of Benefits on Appeal After Denying Claim On Basis That Insured Failed To Show Medically Supported Restrictions and Limitations
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to Former Inventory Control Specialist
- Prudential Insurance Company Settles Breach of Contract Lawsuit Arising From Allegations That It Terminated the Claim of CPA Disabled Under AICPA Long-term Disability Insurance Policy
- Sun Life ignored its own medical expert’s opinions supporting registered nurse’s inability to work in a sedentary occupation due to severe rheumatoid arthritis
Read what our clients say about us.
- Anthony M. ·My experience with Mr. Dell and all of the staff working at the practice has been an excellent experience. Planning to make a claim for disability with a private...› continue
- Shane H. ·It was a pleasure to have had Attorney Jessup and his Assistant Kathy Bordas as my legal Counsel in my LTD case. From the very first phone call that I had with Attorney...› continue
- Gary Z. ·Steve and Danielle were so wonderful to me and my wife. We were so upset with our situation with Cigna and I called Dell & Schaefer and was transferred to Attorney...› continue