Testimonial from EH, M.D.
I am a physician with a long medical history including cancer, arthritis, peripheral vascular disease, and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (formerly RSD). I expected to retire early. However, my health and work deteriorated rather rapidly. Suddenly I was no longer working and needed help negotiating my benefits. The first two attorneys I met were personally recommended. I soon learned that they had either limited or no experience with private LTD policies. I searched the internet for more information about Long Term Disability claims. The Dell & Schaefer website kept popping up with the answers to my questions. I liked both the text explanations and the videos. With nothing to lose, I requested a free consultation. From the beginning, Attorney Steven Dell and legal assistant Merlin Bryan have been consistently honest, professional and patient. During my initial phone conversation with Steven Dell, it was clear that he understood both my medical conditions and my work situation. He had already read my LTD policies and was familiar with both the Unum and the Hartford insurance companies. Steven Dell is an excellent, thorough attorney. What does that mean? First, he knows what information is needed to submit a claim. Early on, he gave me a checklist of items he needed. At times, it felt like a part-time job, finding all of the financial, employment, and medical records he needed. Yet Steven Dell and Merlin Bryan were very patient whenever I had a health setback. They actually understood that folks with health problems have problems filling out paperwork. Second, he picked up the phone and contacted lawyers, human resources, personnel and insurance agents to keep the paperwork moving. Third, he is relentlessly thorough. I submitted hundreds of pages of paperwork. He actually seems to have read them! He double checked that dates, numbers and statements were accurate. He would not submit any paperwork until any discrepancies were discussed and resolved. At this time, two LTD claims have been approved and I have received my first benefits. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for this law firm. Thank you!
Why would you recommend Attorneys Dell & Schaefer?
The Dell & Schaefer law firm provides very professional service. Their fee agreement is straight forward and reasonable. The firm also provides very nice personal service. I often forgot they had other clients since they responded quickly to questions. I felt like I had their undivided attention on the phone. We were never interrupted by pagers or other calls coming through. Once, as hurricane Sandy moved up the east coast, I had trouble reaching my attorney. The firm went out of its way on a weekend to make sure we were able to communicate. Dell & Schaefer is large enough to have a division dedicated to physicians and attorneys. This special interest is quite nice, as our policies often have unique provisions and requests. It is nice to work with attorneys who are familiar with the quirks of our profession. They seem to understand it is difficult to leave a career which many of us spent decades to build.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Prudential Agrees to Reinstate Long Term Disability Benefits for an Employee of DRS Technologies who suffers from very severe back issues
- Standard Overturns Denial of Disability Benefits to Chiropractor
- Long Term Disability Benefits Reinstated: After Administrative Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer, The Standard Overturns Decision To Deny Former Employee of T-Mobile USA
- Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer proves to MetLife that former Morgan Stanley Employee Should Continue to Receive ERISA Long Term Disability Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Tracy L. ·Stephen is an incredible attorney. He helped me tremendously and if I did not retain his services and expertise, I would have gotten a big fat zero. My case was...› continue
- Dorothy L. ·My experience with Dell & Schaefer was wonderful. I don't think that my Disability would have been reinstated if it hadn't been for this firm.Why would you recommend...› continue
- Mark C. M.D. ·Working with Stephen and Greg was a wonderful experience. I was initially very hesitant to speak with a lawyer, but Stephen and Greg made the entire process easy and...› continue