Attorneys for Standard Disability Insurance Claims
- Episode 17: Who makes the final decison to approve or deny disability insurance benefits?
- A Senator's View of ERISA Disability Insurance Claims Episode 20
- The Standard Insurance Company Disability Buyout or Lump Sum Offer Video Discussion
Standard Insurance Company Disability Claims Can Be Won
The disability insurance division of the Standard Insurance Company is run under a very tight leash with strict guidelines.
Our disability lawyers have handled numerous disability appeals and lawsuits against The Standard on behalf of doctors, dentist, and corporate employees. We are familiar with all of their tactics.
The Standard Insurance Company Can Be Tough
There have been hundreds of lawsuits filed against Standard due to their failure to pay disability benefits.
From our experience, we know that the Standard scrutinizes and reviews all of their disability claims very closely prior to making a claim decision. They have some of the most qualified disability claims examiners in the entire disability industry. Some of their disability examiners are attorneys.
The Standard has a network of doctors that they routinely work with in order to evaluate claims. The Standard uses their own in-house vocational rehabilitation consultants to determine alternative occupations during the “any occupation stage” of a claim.
When submitting an Appeal of Standard denial it is important to take a methodical well strategized approach in order to improve your chances of winning. We welcome you to watch our video containing depositions of some Standard employees. You should not think that they deny every claim as the majority of our client’s disability claims with The Standard have been paid.
The Standard lost a key battle with Montana’s former insurance commissioner with regard to the abolishment of discretionary clauses in disability policies. Disability claimants can get a fair day in court without discretionary clauses in ERISA policies.
Please watch our video about the challenges of ERISA and discretionary clauses from a United State Senator’s view.
Did You Purchase An Individual Or ERISA Governed Policy From The Standard?
With more than 7.5 million customers, The Standard sells both individual and group long-term disability insurance policies. In New York they sell disability policies through the Standard Life Insurance Company of New York.
Some of the Standard group disability policies are not governed by ERISA if they are sold to an organization such as a medical society. A disability policy offered through a group in which the policyholder is not an employee of the group, would be ERISA exempt. A disability claimant is entitled to full discovery and a jury trial if their policy is exempt from ERISA.
Our lawyers have handled both ERISA and non-ERISA governed disability claims against The Standard. Contact us at any stage of your disability claim for a free phone consultation to discuss your claim.
Free Resources And Information About The Standard Insurance Company
One of the best ways to learn about the Standard Insurance Company and their actions is to read the comments posted on our site. We welcome you to post either your comment or complaints about The Standard and we will respond accordingly.
You can also read some of our firm’s resolved cases, summaries of lawsuits and court decisions on Standard Insurance disability claims throughout the USA.
Please contact us privately if you have a specific question about your disability claim.
There are 69 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Benefits Reinstated: Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Cigna’s Decision to Deny Benefits for MetroPCS Wireless Employee with HIV
- MetLife Removes 24 Month Limitation for Mental Health Condition for Financial Advisor
- Principal Approves Long Term Disability Benefits for Surgeon
- Attorney Alex Palamara Wins Disability Appeal Against Cigna for Lockheed Martin Employee
Read what our clients say about us.
- Katherine K. ·My experience was great. My attorney treated me with respect, kept me informed, and acted in my best interest. Why would you recommend Attorneys Dell &...› continue
- Christine C. ·I had a very positive experience working with Dell & Schaefer. While attempting to handle it on my own, my long-term-disability claim had been denied two previous times...› continue
- Thomas D. ·Alex Palamara with Dell & Schaefer, is an OUTSTANDING disability lawyer that you can TRUST without question. My entire experience with Alex Palamara of Dell & Schaefer...› continue