Attorneys for Standard Disability Insurance Claims
- The Standard: What To Expect With A Long Term Disability Benefit Claim
- Episode 17: Who makes the final decison to approve or deny disability insurance benefits?
- A Senator's View of ERISA Disability Insurance Claims Episode 20
- The Standard Insurance Company Disability Buyout or Lump Sum Offer Video Discussion
Standard Insurance Company Disability Claims Can Be Won
The disability insurance division of the Standard Insurance Company is run under a very tight leash with strict guidelines.
Our disability lawyers have handled numerous disability appeals and lawsuits against The Standard on behalf of doctors, dentist, and corporate employees. We are familiar with all of their tactics.
The Standard Insurance Company Can Be Tough
There have been hundreds of lawsuits filed against Standard due to their failure to pay disability benefits.
From our experience, we know that the Standard scrutinizes and reviews all of their disability claims very closely prior to making a claim decision. They have some of the most qualified disability claims examiners in the entire disability industry. Some of their disability examiners are attorneys.
The Standard has a network of doctors that they routinely work with in order to evaluate claims. The Standard uses their own in-house vocational rehabilitation consultants to determine alternative occupations during the “any occupation stage” of a claim.
When submitting an Appeal of Standard denial it is important to take a methodical well strategized approach in order to improve your chances of winning. We welcome you to watch our video containing depositions of some Standard employees. You should not think that they deny every claim as the majority of our client’s disability claims with The Standard have been paid.
The Standard lost a key battle with Montana’s former insurance commissioner with regard to the abolishment of discretionary clauses in disability policies. Disability claimants can get a fair day in court without discretionary clauses in ERISA policies.
Please watch our video about the challenges of ERISA and discretionary clauses from a United State Senator’s view.
Did You Purchase An Individual Or ERISA Governed Policy From The Standard?
With more than 7.5 million customers, The Standard sells both individual and group long-term disability insurance policies. In New York they sell disability policies through the Standard Life Insurance Company of New York.
Some of the Standard group disability policies are not governed by ERISA if they are sold to an organization such as a medical society. A disability policy offered through a group in which the policyholder is not an employee of the group, would be ERISA exempt. A disability claimant is entitled to full discovery and a jury trial if their policy is exempt from ERISA.
Our lawyers have handled both ERISA and non-ERISA governed disability claims against The Standard. Contact us at any stage of your disability claim for a free phone consultation to discuss your claim.
Free Resources And Information About The Standard Insurance Company
One of the best ways to learn about the Standard Insurance Company and their actions is to read the comments posted on our site. We welcome you to post either your comment or complaints about The Standard and we will respond accordingly.
You can also read some of our firm’s resolved cases, summaries of lawsuits and court decisions on Standard Insurance disability claims throughout the USA.
Please contact us privately if you have a specific question about your disability claim.
There are 110 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Prudential Overturns Denial of Benefits on Appeal After Denying Claim On Basis That Insured Failed To Show Medically Supported Restrictions and Limitations
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to Former Inventory Control Specialist
- Prudential Insurance Company Settles Breach of Contract Lawsuit Arising From Allegations That It Terminated the Claim of CPA Disabled Under AICPA Long-term Disability Insurance Policy
- Sun Life ignored its own medical expert’s opinions supporting registered nurse’s inability to work in a sedentary occupation due to severe rheumatoid arthritis
Read what our clients say about us.
- Anthony M. ·My experience with Mr. Dell and all of the staff working at the practice has been an excellent experience. Planning to make a claim for disability with a private...› continue
- Shane H. ·It was a pleasure to have had Attorney Jessup and his Assistant Kathy Bordas as my legal Counsel in my LTD case. From the very first phone call that I had with Attorney...› continue
- Gary Z. ·Steve and Danielle were so wonderful to me and my wife. We were so upset with our situation with Cigna and I called Dell & Schaefer and was transferred to Attorney...› continue