Rhode Island Disability Attorney – Disability Insurance Lawyers
- Rhode Island Disability Insurance Claim Free Consultation
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Rhode Island?
- Rhode Island Courts, Government and Rhode Island Department of Insurance Information
- Rhode Island Disability Insurance Cases and Blog
Our Rhode Island Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Florida and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Rhode Island and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Rhode Island disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Rhode Island or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Rhode Island residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the District Court or Superior Court under a limited set of circumstances. Rhode Island’s state appellate courts includes the Rhode Island Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in Rhode Island and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Rhode Island Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Rhode Island has one Federal District Court. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Rhode Island Department of Insurance there are more than 1,200 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Rhode Island.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Rhode Island or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
Click here to see how we increase efficiency and reduce legal expenses for our clients.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Rhode Island disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state. Click here to learn more.
The list below includes the cities in Rhode Island in which our disability attorneys are available for a free review of your short term or long term disability claim. If you require assistance in another state please click here.
Get assistance from a Disability Attorney in all Rhode Island cities.
- Central Falls
- East Greenwich
- East Providence
- North Kingstown
- North Providence
- West Warwick
- Rhode Island Court System Official Website
- Rhode Island Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of Rhode Island – Information regarding the state of Rhode Island governmental entities resources.
- Rhode Island Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Rhode Island.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (1st Circuit) – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island.
- District of Rhode Island Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Cigna reverses decision to terminate benefits of claimant suffering from end-stage Myasthenia Gravis
- Disability Attorney Cesar Gavidia Wins Hartford Disability Appeal For Target Employee With Rheumatoid Arthritis and Chronic Neck Pain
- Prudential Overturns Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits to College Professor
- Hartford Buys Out Disability Policy Following Appeal
Read what our clients say about us.
- Wade S. ·My experience could not have been better. I was instantly made to feel and to know that my best interest was important, that I would be informed of all development in...› continue
- Leza A. ·Desperarate & feeling like I was on a raft floating farther... out to sea. By the time I was diagnosed (It was close to a Year) with Fibromyalgia. I was in so much pain...› continue
- Rev D. ·I contacted Dell & Schaefer after a second denial by my disability insurance company. Initially, I approached the insurance company by myself and my case was denied. I...› continue