Attorneys for Provident Disability Claims
The old Provident Life and Accident Disability Insurance policies are sometimes referred to as the “golden ticket” due to fact that insurance companies no longer sell similar disability policies.
The old Provident disability policies contained pro-claimant language such as an “own occupation” disability definition and “lifetime benefits” if the insured is disabled by injury or sickness prior to age 65. It is becoming very rare to read a policy that offers a lifetime disability benefit.
Additionally, Provident would sell disability policies that would pay in excess of $50,000 a month. Now, most companies have limited the maximum monthly benefit to $17,500 and a maximum benefit period to age 65.
Our disability lawyers have represented numerous doctors, lawyers, dentist and other business professionals at all stages of a claim for disability benefits.
What Happened to Provident Insurance Company?
Provident merged with Unum to form Unum Provident in 1999. In 2007 the name of the company was changed to Unum for marketing purposes.
During the 1980’s and 1990’s, Provident sold more individual disability insurance policies than any other long-term disability company in the world.
Provident earned a bad reputation as a result of bad faith investigations that took place due to their intentional and wrongful denial of disability claims.
Provident and Unum were eventually forced to re-evaluate all claims that were denied between 1997 and 2004. Provident and Unum were fined $15 million dollars and paid out more than $675 million in additional benefits to policy holders.
In 2004, Unum entered in an agreement with 48 states regarding their wrongful claims handling of long-term disability claims. Click here to read the Unum Multistate Regulatory Settlement Agreement. Any Provident disability claim is really a claim against Unum.
Attorneys Dell & Schaefer Take Provident To Trial And Win
It is important to hire a disability law firm that has the ability and experience necessary to hold Provident’s feet to the fire and make them pay for wrongful denials.
Our law firm has filed lawsuits against Provident throughout the country. For example, we represented a general surgeon that Provident claimed was not disabled due to a back condition. Following a one week jury trial in federal court, the jury determined that Provident was wrong and that our client was disabled. Provident wrongfully denied our client’s claim due to their inability to understand his substantial and material duties as a general surgeon. To gain further insight into the manner in which Provident evaluated our client’s claim, we recommend you watch the Video deposition clip we have included on this page.
To learn more about Provident and how our law firm can assist you, please visit our page discussing Unum disability insurance claims.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Prudential Agrees to Reinstate Long Term Disability Benefits for an Employee of DRS Technologies who suffers from very severe back issues
- Standard Overturns Denial of Disability Benefits to Chiropractor
- Long Term Disability Benefits Reinstated: After Administrative Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer, The Standard Overturns Decision To Deny Former Employee of T-Mobile USA
- Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer proves to MetLife that former Morgan Stanley Employee Should Continue to Receive ERISA Long Term Disability Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Dorothy L. ·My experience with Dell & Schaefer was wonderful. I don't think that my Disability would have been reinstated if it hadn't been for this firm.Why would you recommend...› continue
- Mark C. M.D. ·Working with Stephen and Greg was a wonderful experience. I was initially very hesitant to speak with a lawyer, but Stephen and Greg made the entire process easy and...› continue
- Curt P. ·Before my disability, I was an attorney with a successful energy and telecom practice. I know what it means to provide quality legal service: it entails expertise in the...› continue