Attorneys for Provident Disability Claims
- Is Unum Denying More Disability Benefit Claims Than Usual?
- Unum / Provident / Paul Revere Long & Short Term Disability Claims Video: Episode 13
- Unum Disability Denial and Unum Appeal Tips From Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer
- Episode 19: Deposition of Insurance Co. Employee in a Disability Insurance Benefits Denial Lawsuit
- Episode 22: Did disability insurance claims examiner understand a physician's job duties?
- What relationship does UNUM have with hired doctors in disability insurance claims?
- UNUM Lump Sum Settlement or Disability Lump Sum Buyout Video
- 24 Month Self Reported Symptoms Limitation in Unum Disability Policy Case Study Video
- Tips About a Unum Medical Examination in a Disability Benefit Claim
The old Provident Life and Accident Disability Insurance policies are sometimes referred to as the “golden ticket” due to fact that insurance companies no longer sell similar disability policies.
The old Provident disability policies contained pro-claimant language such as an “own occupation” disability definition and “lifetime benefits” if the insured is disabled by injury or sickness prior to age 65. It is becoming very rare to read a policy that offers a lifetime disability benefit.
Additionally, Provident would sell disability policies that would pay in excess of $50,000 a month. Now, most companies have limited the maximum monthly benefit to $17,500 and a maximum benefit period to age 65.
Our disability lawyers have represented numerous doctors, lawyers, dentist and other business professionals at all stages of a claim for disability benefits.
What Happened to Provident Insurance Company?
Provident merged with Unum to form Unum Provident in 1999. In 2007 the name of the company was changed to Unum for marketing purposes.
During the 1980’s and 1990’s, Provident sold more individual disability insurance policies than any other long-term disability company in the world.
Provident earned a bad reputation as a result of bad faith investigations that took place due to their intentional and wrongful denial of disability claims.
Provident and Unum were eventually forced to re-evaluate all claims that were denied between 1997 and 2004. Provident and Unum were fined $15 million dollars and paid out more than $675 million in additional benefits to policy holders.
In 2004, Unum entered in an agreement with 48 states regarding their wrongful claims handling of long-term disability claims. Click here to read the Unum Multistate Regulatory Settlement Agreement. Any Provident disability claim is really a claim against Unum.
Attorneys Dell & Schaefer Take Provident To Trial And Win
It is important to hire a disability law firm that has the ability and experience necessary to hold Provident’s feet to the fire and make them pay for wrongful denials.
Our law firm has filed lawsuits against Provident throughout the country. For example, we represented a general surgeon that Provident claimed was not disabled due to a back condition. Following a one week jury trial in federal court, the jury determined that Provident was wrong and that our client was disabled. Provident wrongfully denied our client’s claim due to their inability to understand his substantial and material duties as a general surgeon. To gain further insight into the manner in which Provident evaluated our client’s claim, we recommend you watch the Video deposition clip we have included on this page.
To learn more about Provident and how our law firm can assist you, please visit our page discussing Unum disability insurance claims.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Alex Palamara Wins Another Hartford Disability Appeal
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to Former Director of a Multinational IT Consulting Company
- Cigna overturns Short Term Disability Denial and awards Long Term Disability Benefits
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to IT Support Specialist
Read what our clients say about us.
- Lisa P. ·When I became disabled I filed a claim with my insurance company and they denied my disability payments. After failed attempts to resolve it myself I finally reached out...› continue
- Martha B. ·Working with Stephen Jessup and Vanessa Arriaga has been a joy! They have been tireless in their work and have made Sunlife overturn their decision. Every call or email...› continue
- Mr. & Mrs. S ·You work with many people throughout your life, but few people touch your life in such a positive way beyond the settlement. We truly felt that Cesar cares about the...› continue