Attorneys for Paul Revere Disability Claims
- Unum / Provident / Paul Revere Long & Short Term Disability Claims Video: Episode 13
- Paul Revere
The Paul Revere Corporation probably sold their last disability insurance policy in 1997.
Paul Revere was purchased by Provident Corporation in 1997 and then in 1999 merged with Unum.
Paul Revere disability policies were typically sold to high earning business owners, doctors, lawyers and dentist with the promise that if they could not perform their occupation duties, then they would be able to collect a certain amount of money every month.
Paul Revere was very liberal with their underwriting guidelines in the 1980s which resulted in them selling some very high dollar disability policies with lifetime disability terms and own occupation definitions of disability.
Some Paul Revere disability policies were sold with monthly benefits in excess of $45,000 dollars a month.
In the mid to late 1990′s Paul Revere and Provident engaged in a calculated strategy to intentionally deny the high dollar monthly benefit claims. This strategy involved roundtable discussions and plans to deny a claimant’s benefits simply because they were being paid in excess of $10,000 a month.
In 2004, Unum, as a result of Paul Revere and Provident’s past conduct entered in an agreement with 48 states regarding their wrongful claims handling of long-term disability claims between 1997 and 2004. Click here to read the Unum Multistate Regulatory Settlement Agreement. The settlement agreement resulted in Unum paying additional benefits of approximately $676 million.
How Can We Help Paul Revere Policy Holders?
Since Paul Revere and Unum are now the same company, we have had the opportunity to assist with thousands of claimants with either a Paul Revere or Unum Disability Policy.
Our lawyers are trained to understand how Unum thinks and we anticipate all of their actions.
It is our job to direct our client’s disability claim so that they can maximize the disability benefits they are entitled to receive.
We welcome you to watch a few of our disability videos discussing the actions of Unum.
You can also find additional information on our Unum Disability Claims page, such as court decisions, our resolved cases, and comments from other Unum policy holders.
Please contact us for a free consultation if you are considering filing for disability benefits, have been denied, or are interested in a Paul Revere lump sum buyout of your disability policy.
There are 20 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Prudential Overturns Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits to College Professor
- Hartford Buys Out Disability Policy Following Appeal
- Dell & Schaefer Appeal Successful, Cigna reinstates Long Term Disability Benefits for Lockheed Martin Employee
- Cigna Reinstates Benefits to Software Engineer Suffering From Chronic Back Pain
Read what our clients say about us.
- Leza A. ·Desperarate & feeling like I was on a raft floating farther... out to sea. By the time I was diagnosed (It was close to a Year) with Fibromyalgia. I was in so much pain...› continue
- Rev D. ·I contacted Dell & Schaefer after a second denial by my disability insurance company. Initially, I approached the insurance company by myself and my case was denied. I...› continue
- Katherine K. ·My experience was great. My attorney treated me with respect, kept me informed, and acted in my best interest. Why would you recommend Attorneys Dell &...› continue