Attorneys for Paul Revere Disability Claims
- Unum / Provident / Paul Revere Long & Short Term Disability Claims Video: Episode 13
- Paul Revere
The Paul Revere Corporation probably sold their last disability insurance policy in 1997.
Paul Revere was purchased by Provident Corporation in 1997 and then in 1999 merged with Unum.
Paul Revere disability policies were typically sold to high earning business owners, doctors, lawyers and dentist with the promise that if they could not perform their occupation duties, then they would be able to collect a certain amount of money every month.
Paul Revere was very liberal with their underwriting guidelines in the 1980s which resulted in them selling some very high dollar disability policies with lifetime disability terms and own occupation definitions of disability.
Some Paul Revere disability policies were sold with monthly benefits in excess of $45,000 dollars a month.
In the mid to late 1990’s Paul Revere and Provident engaged in a calculated strategy to intentionally deny the high dollar monthly benefit claims. This strategy involved roundtable discussions and plans to deny a claimant’s benefits simply because they were being paid in excess of $10,000 a month.
In 2004, Unum, as a result of Paul Revere and Provident’s past conduct entered in an agreement with 48 states regarding their wrongful claims handling of long-term disability claims between 1997 and 2004. Click here to read the Unum Multistate Regulatory Settlement Agreement. The settlement agreement resulted in Unum paying additional benefits of approximately $676 million.
How Can We Help Paul Revere Policy Holders?
Since Paul Revere and Unum are now the same company, we have had the opportunity to assist with thousands of claimants with either a Paul Revere or Unum Disability Policy.
Our lawyers are trained to understand how Unum thinks and we anticipate all of their actions.
It is our job to direct our client’s disability claim so that they can maximize the disability benefits they are entitled to receive.
We welcome you to watch a few of our disability videos discussing the actions of Unum.
You can also find additional information on our Unum Disability Claims page, such as court decisions, our resolved cases, and comments from other Unum policy holders.
Please contact us for a free consultation if you are considering filing for disability benefits, have been denied, or are interested in a Paul Revere lump sum buyout of your disability policy.
There are 22 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Surveillance Video and Independent Medical Examination (IME) Leads to Disability Insurer Terminating Disability Claim After Paying Partially Disabled Insurance Agents Claim For 21 Years
- Cigna Approves Any Occupation Disability Benefits After Two Appeals
- Prudential Overturns Denial for Dell & Schaefer Client Suffering With Serious Back Conditions
- After Long Fight for Short Term Disability Benefits, MetLife Has Now Approved Dell & Schaefer Client for Long Term Disability Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Jill L. ·As an attorney who found herself in the shoes of a litigant against an insurer on a disability policy, I found Cesar Gavidia and his assistant Michal, wonderful. I was...› continue
- Ed T. ·Mr Dell and paralegal Merlin Bryan are an excellent team. It was a pleasure to have them working for me under what was a very stressful personal situation. They kept me...› continue
- Ron K. ·I was on disability with a major insurance company for five years without any problems, upon a field rep's visit to my home, I let him know that I was planning to try to...› continue