Oklahoma Disability Insurance Attorneys
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Oklahoma?
- Oklahoma Courts, Government and Oklahoma Department of Insurance Information
Our Oklahoma Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Oklahoma and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Oklahoma and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Oklahoma disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Oklahoma or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Oklahoma residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the District Court under a limited set of circumstances. Oklahoma’s state appellate courts includes the Court of Civil Appeals, Court of Criminal Appeals and the Oklahoma Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in Oklahoma and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Oklahoma Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Oklahoma has three Federal District Courts, which are the Eastern, Northern, and Western District of Oklahoma Federal Courts. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Oklahoma Department of Insurance there are more than 1,500 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Oklahoma.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Oklahoma or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Oklahoma disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state.
- Oklahoma Court System Official Website
- Oklahoma Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of Oklahoma – Information regarding the state of Oklahoma governmental entities resources.
- Oklahoma Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Oklahoma.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (10th Circuit) – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah and Wyoming.
- Eastern District of Oklahoma Federal Court
- Northern District of Oklahoma Federal Court
- Western District of Oklahoma Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click Here or call 800-682-8331 Now.
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Cigna Reinstates Long Disability Benefits to a Tugboat Captain
- Sun Life Approves Disability Benefits to Surgical Services Director
- Sedgwick Reinstates Long Term Disability Claim Following Appeal
- 67 Year Old Circuits Designer Reaches Settlement With Prudential After Filing Suit to Recover LTD Benefits Under ERISA LTD Insurance Plan
Read what our clients say about us.
- Glen P. ·Simply The Best. I chose Dell and Schaefer after watching several videos that Greg had made and I also checked his reviews. I contacted him through his website and...› continue
- Tammy B. ·I was referred to Dell and Schaefer, and specifically attorney Stephen Jessup, by a local lawyer in my home state of Vermont. I was advised that Dell and Schaefer would...› continue
- Gladys F. ·I worked extremely hard on Wall Street for over twenty years - spending almost seventeen years at one of the biggest and most reputable firms - where in the 360 annual...› continue