New Mexico Disability Insurance Attorneys
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in New Mexico?
- New Mexico Courts, Government and New Mexico Department of Insurance Information
Our New Mexico Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both New Mexico and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout New Mexico and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a New Mexico disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either New Mexico or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
New Mexico residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the District Court under a limited set of circumstances. New Mexico’s state appellate courts includes the Court of Appeals and the New Mexico Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in New Mexico and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in New Mexico Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. New Mexico has one Federal District Court. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the New Mexico Department of Insurance there are more than 1,300 insurance companies that sell insurance products in New Mexico.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either New Mexico or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a New Mexico disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state.
- New Mexico Court System Official Website
- New Mexico Supreme Court
- New Mexico Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of New Mexico – Information regarding the state of New Mexico governmental entities resources.
- New Mexico Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in New Mexico.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (10th Circuit) – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah and Wyoming.
Request a Free Consultation
Click Here or call 800-682-8331 Now.
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Sun Life Approves Disability Benefits to Surgical Services Director
- Sedgwick Reinstates Long Term Disability Claim Following Appeal
- 67 Year Old Circuits Designer Reaches Settlement With Prudential After Filing Suit to Recover LTD Benefits Under ERISA LTD Insurance Plan
- Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy’s Long Term Disability Claim Reinstated Following Appeal by Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara
Read what our clients say about us.
- BK. K. ·After my claim was denied I was at a standstill. Not knowing what to do next, I happened upon Dell & Schaefer on an Internet search...skeptically I investigated and did...› continue
- Kelly P. ·Mr. Palamara and his staff were professional and personable. I am pleased that I got to meet the staff and the mediator in person. After meeting the staff and Mr...› continue
- Dawn K. ·I was having quite a difficult situation in dealing with my employee benefit carrier Cigna regarding a long-term disability claim. I reached out to a few law firms to...› continue
Download our free ebook Whatever It Takes to learn more about disability insurance claims.