Maryland Disability Insurance Attorneys
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Maryland?
- Maryland Courts, Government and Maryland Department of Insurance Information
Our Maryland Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Maryland and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Maryland and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Maryland disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Maryland or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Maryland residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the Maryland District Court or Circuit Court under a limited set of circumstances. Maryland’s state appellate courts includes the Court of Special Appeals and the Maryland Court of Appeals. If the disability claimant resides in Maryland and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Maryland Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Maryland has one Federal District Court. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Maryland Department of Insurance there are more than 1,500 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Maryland.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Maryland or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Maryland disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state.
- Maryland Court System Official Website
- Maryland Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of Maryland – Information regarding the state of Maryland governmental entities resources.
- Maryland Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Maryland.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (4th Circuit) – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia
- District of Maryland Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Attorney Alex Palamara Helps Correction officer to Win Cigna Disability Appeal
- Disability Benefits Reinstated: Dell & Schaefer Appeal Gets CIGNA to Admit its Decision to Deny was Wrong
- After Being Offered $20,908.56 in Back Benefits and Interest, Attorney Alex Palamara Helps Disabled Nurse Receive $450,213.86 plus $5,000/mo going forward Due to Regulatory Settlement Agreement
- Alex Palamara Wins Another Hartford Disability Appeal
Read what our clients say about us.
- Jasmine G. ·I wanted to personally express my thanks for your strong, successful, and compassionate protection. We rest easy at night because of all you do to ensure that My husband...› continue
- Bill B. ·Steve Dell helped me navigate and make sense of the disability insurance world. With his help, I was able to submit a clean claim so that the insurance company approved...› continue
- Julie A. ·I found the practice through the helpful videos online. Once I contacted Steven I was treated with respect and concern for my issue. I was able to contact the office...› continue