Seeking Disability Insurance Benefits for a Knee Disorder and Need Claim Help?
- Knee Disorder Long Term Disability Claims Video
A knee disorder can significantly limit your abilities and mobility. In addition to the limited mobility caused by a knee condition, it is the associated chronic pain and instability that makes it very difficult to perform any work duties on a continuous basis. Whether or not your disorder qualifies you to receive disability benefits depends on a great number of contributing factors. At Dell & Schaefer, our disability insurance attorneys have been working with claimants disabled by a knee condition since 1979. We have the experience it takes to review your case and advise you as to how to proceed to get the benefits you deserve. Frequently, disability insurance providers will attempt to limit benefits to just a few months or to deny them altogether, even when doing so is in contradiction with their own policies.
Fortunately for disability claimants, there are numerous objective medical tests available which can verify the existence of a knee disorder. Many disability claimants will argue that following a knee surgery a claimant should be able to return to work within a few months. This is not always true as the knee surgery was an attempt to increase mobility and eliminate pain. Most claimants with chronic knee problems obtain a reduction in symptoms, but not enough to return to work. Working versus being able to perform your normal daily activities require totally different skills. Disability carriers will also try to argue that a person with a desk job cannot be disabled by a knee conditions. This is simply not true and we deal with this argument on a regular basis. Our attorneys work closely with your treating doctors to obtain the required medical information necessary to prove your claim for short or long term disability benefits.
Our Disability Attorneys Understand Knee Disorders
Knee pain is a very common complaint, and can be caused by a wide variety of underlying issues. An accurate diagnosis from your doctor is necessary in order to give you an understanding of your level of disability as well as to get you the appropriate treatment.
The most common causes of knee pain include:
- Arthritis, for which there are many available treatments. Two common types of arthritis which cause knee pain are septic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Septic arthritis – an infection of the knee joint which leads to pain, swelling and redness.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – the most debilitating type of arthritis. Causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of motion in the knee.
- Osteoarthritis – the most common type of arthritis in which the cartilage in your knee breaks down due to use and age, also called degenerative arthritis.
- Hyperextension of the knee joint
- Knee bursitis
- Injuries to the Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury (ACL), Posterior Cruciate Ligament Injury (PCL) or Medial Collateral Ligament Injury (MCL)
Let the Attorneys at Dell & Schaefer Assist with Your Claim For Disability Benefits
Not everyone with a knee disorder will qualify to receive disability insurance benefits. If you are unsure if your limitations are severe enough, contact us now for a free initial consultation. Our team of experienced long term disability attorneys will review your case and give you an immediate opinion of your claim. You can also review our resolved cases and client testimonials to learn more about our experience and qualifications.
Resources for Disabling Knee Conditions
These sites are valuable sources of further information regarding knee pain:
- Medline Plus
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- National Institute of Arthritis & Musculoskeletal & Skin Diseases
We frequently update this page with news about knee disorder disability benefits and new laws that could affect your disability. Check back for new information.
There are 84 opinions so far. Add your comment now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Administrative Appeal by Dell & Schaefer Helps Disabled Man with Eye Disorders Get Approved for Short Term Disability Benefits with Hartford; Long Term Benefits Next
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Successful: Claimant suffering from Sleep Disorders, Depression and Fibromyalgia Now Receiving Long Term Disability Benefits
- Aetna overturns decision to deny LTD benefits for claimant suffering from post-concussion syndrome and neurocognitive disorder
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Proves to MetLife that Client is Still Disabled and Claim Not Subject to Certain Policy Limitations
Read what our clients say about us.
- Robert C. ·After being denied initially, I searched our local area for an attorney who specialized in disability claims and found none. I spoke to a couple law firms that said they...› continue
- William A. ·I was hoping for some sort of settlement with my long term disability insurance company but to be honest I didn't expect to win my case. I contacted Dell & Schaefer in...› continue
- Harry K. ·Dell & Schaefer has earned a reputation as a top notch law firm specializing in disability insurance claims. I understand why. My personal experience was nothing short...› continue