Georgia Disability Attorneys
- Disability Lawyers Helping Insurance Claimants in Georgia & Nationwide with LTD Benefits
- Georgia Disability Insurance Claim Free Consultation
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Georgia?
- Georgia Courts, Government and Georgia Department of Insurance Information
- Georgia Disability Insurance Cases and Blog
Our Georgia Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Georgia and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Georgia and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Georgia disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Georgia or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Georgia residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the Georgia State Court under a limited set of circumstances. Georgia’s state appellate courts include the Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in Georgia and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Georgia Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Georgia has three Federal District Courts, which are the Middle, Northern, Southern District of Georgia Federal Courts. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Georgia Department of Insurance there are more than 1,600 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Georgia.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Georgia or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
Click here to see how we increase efficiency and reduce legal expenses for our clients.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Georgia disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state. Click here to learn more.
The list below includes the cities in Georgia in which our disability attorneys are available for a free review of your short term or long term disability claim. If you require assistance in another state please click here.
Get assistance from a Disability Attorney in all Georgia cities.
- Powder Springs
- Stone Mountain
- Warner Robins
- Georgia Court System Official website
- Supreme Court – The Official Georgia Supreme Court website
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia official website
- Georgia Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of Georgia – Information regarding the state of Georgia governmental entities resources.
- Georgia Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Georgia.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (11th Circuit) – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Florida, Georgia and Alabama.
- Middle District of Georgia Federal Court
- Northern District of Georgia Federal Court
- Southern District of Georgia Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Dell & Schaefer Wins Disability Appeal against Cigna for Mortgage Banker
- Dell & Schaefer successfully appeal denial by Liberty Life
- Cigna Reinstates Long Term Disability Benefits to Medical Coder
- Cigna reverses its decision to terminate benefits of a claimant with Fibromyalgia, Cervical Spine Spondylosis and Depression
Read what our clients say about us.
- Ed T. ·Mr Dell and paralegal Merlin Bryan are an excellent team. It was a pleasure to have them working for me under what was a very stressful personal situation. They kept me...› continue
- Ron K. ·I was on disability with a major insurance company for five years without any problems, upon a field rep's visit to my home, I let him know that I was planning to try to...› continue
- O. Lee ·My experience with Dell & Schaefer has and continues to be, outstanding. First, I would personally like to thank Cesar for his experience and expertise in handling my...› continue