Colorado Disability Attorney – Disability Insurance Lawyers
- Colorado Disability Insurance Claim Free Consultation
- Do I Need To Come To Your Office In Order For Your Firm To Evaluate My Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Disability Denial Lawsuit in Colorado?
- Colorado Courts, Government and Colorado Department of Insurance Information
- Colorado Disability Insurance Cases and Blog
Our Colorado Disability Attorneys assist disability insurance claimants during all stages of a claim for disability insurance benefits. Since 1979, our disability law firm has represented disability claimants against every major disability insurance company. We have earned our reputation in both Colorado and Nationwide as aggressive, competent, and reliable disability insurance lawyers.
It is essential to hire a disability insurance law firm that has the resources, co-counsel network and experience to effectively represent disability insurance claimants against these nationwide disability insurance companies. We have relationships with lawyers throughout Colorado and if we are not able to assist you with your disability claim, then we may be able to recommend a Colorado disability lawyer. If you have a disability insurance claim in either Colorado or any other state, contact our disability insurance attorneys for a free consultation.
Colorado residents that have had their disability insurance benefits denied can file a lawsuit in the Colorado District Court or County Court under a limited set of circumstances. Colorado’s state appellate courts include the Court of Appeals and the Colorado Supreme Court. If the disability claimant resides in Colorado and the disability insurance company is located in a different state, and the amount of disability benefits payable is greater than $75,000, then the lawsuit can be filed in Colorado Federal District Court. If the disability insurance policy is an employer provided policy governed by ERISA, then the disability claim must be filed in federal court. Colorado has one Federal District Court. An ERISA governed disability claim denial lawsuit can usually be filed in any state that the insurance company conducts business. According to the Colorado Department of Insurance there are more than 1,500 insurance companies that sell insurance products in Colorado.
No. We are certainly available to meet with you at any of our satellite offices located in either Colorado or another state, however following a review of your disability policy or any other pertinent documents and a free telephone conversation we are usually able to make a determination. It is our job to try to get our clients paid their disability insurance benefits as quick as possible; therefore we prefer to have an initial consultation via telephone.
Click here to see how we increase efficiency and reduce legal expenses for our clients.
In the event of a disability claim denial, our disability attorneys will usually have the option of selecting one of several states to file the disability lawsuit. More than 80% of short term and long term disability insurance policies are governed by a federal law called ERISA, which means that a Colorado disability insurance attorney can usually file a lawsuit in any federal court in any state. Click here to learn more.
The list below includes the cities in Colorado in which our disability attorneys are available for a free review of your short term or long term disability claim. If you require assistance in another state please click here.
Get assistance from a Disability Attorney in all Colorado cities.
- Canon City
- Castle Rock
- Colorado Springs
- Commerce City
- Fort Collins
- Grand Junction
- Wheat Ridge
- Colorado Court System – Official Website of the Colorado state court system
- Colorado Court Structure Chart
- Official Government Website of the State of Colorado – Information regarding the state of Colorado governmental entities and resources.
- Colorado Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Colorado.
- U.S. Court of Appeals (10th Circuit) – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah and Wyoming.
- District of Colorado Federal Court
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Florida Nurse wins long term disability benefits from UNUM after Disability Attorney Alex Palamara wins ERISA Appeal
- After Initially Being Denied Long Term Disability Benefits, Dell & Schaefer Gets Former Wal-Mart Employee on Claim with Liberty Mutual
- Dell & Schaefer Successfully Appeals Denial of Benefits to Quality Control Inspector
- Prudential Agrees to Reinstate Long Term Disability Benefits for an Employee of DRS Technologies who suffers from very severe back issues
Read what our clients say about us.
- Esther S. ·I was very anxious and cautiously optimistic about getting back my disability benefits from Prudential. From my first call, Stephen explained the procedure in depth...› continue
- Barbara S. ·Rachel Alters is a very compassionate, professional and trustworthy attorney. She got my claim accepted expeditiously which has made this very stressful time in my...› continue
- Michael F. ·Having had several lung surgeries including a wedge resection, lobe removal and pleurodesis as well as MAC lung disease, I was diagnosed with stage vi (end stage) COPD...› continue