Free CLE Course: Disability Insurance Claims
Free CLE / MCLE Course For Attorneys
We invite you to sign up for our free online CLE course. This CLE course was created by Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer and is titled Introduction to Disability Insurance Claims and ERISA Law.
The course is comprised of multiple videos totaling 255 minutes (between 4.25 to 5 CLE credits depending on your state).
On the right side of the page you can view an introduction video and a short course preview video.
Once you sign up we will send you a username and password to complete the program at your own pace.
Designed for the practitioner with no experience in handling disability insurance claims, the program covers all of the administrative and legal topics related to disability insurance claims.
Topics include the process of applying for disability insurance benefits to a review of the rules that govern ERISA litigation. Other topics covered include the role of federal judges in ERISA long-term disability claims, and information on video surveillance, field interviews and compulsory medical examinations. Also included is a case study analysis of each of the major disability companies.
This program is offered online only.
Timed Outline Of Course
The total length of the program will be 255 minutes.
- Titles of Each Session
- Time in Minutes
- Explanation of ERISA v. Non-ERISA disability insurance policies and course summary
- A Senator’s View Of Erisa Disability Insurance Claims
- A Federal Judge’s Perspective On Erisa Disability Insurance Claims
- Reasons Erisa Is An Unfair Law
- Video Surviellance And Long Term Disability Insurance Claims
- Field Interview Request By Disability Insurance Companies
- Medical Exams And Peer File Review By Disability Insurance Companies
- Hartford Insurance Company Disability Claims
- Cigna Insurance Company Disability Claims
- Metlife Disability Insurance Company
- Prudential Insurance Company
- Guardian & Berkshire Life Insurance Company
- Sun Life Financial Disability Insurance Claims
- Mass Mutual Financial Disability Insurance
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Unum Disability Insurance Claims
- Things To Expect When A Claimant Is Asked To Attend A Compuslory Medical Exam
- Basic Information Regarding Social Security Disability Claims
- Application Process For Ltd. Benefits
- Who Makes Final Decision To Approve Or Deny Disability Insurance Benefits
- An Examination Of Deposition Testimony Dealing With The Occupational Duties Of A Disability Insurance Claimant
- Total Course Time
"I absolutely loved the breakdown by insurance company. Very practical application. I also loved the deposition clips. Made me angry and frustrated to watch unqualified people making disability judgments." - Timothy Lester
"Very informative about claims handling procedures and recent legal developments regarding specific insurers." - Eileen Spadoni Wilson