A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Disability Claim Will Be Challenged
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Long Term Disability Claim Video
Disability insurance companies will often turn away claimants with chronic fatigue syndrome due to a supposed lack of evidence. Even if you submit valid medical testimony from your treating physician, your short or long term disability company could make a decision based upon its own in-house doctor… even though this doctor probably never met you. Chronic fatigue syndrome’s lack of objective medical tests and physical symptoms make it especially difficult for the claimant to support their claim.
Many disability companies have drafted two year limitation provisions in the long term disability policies in order to avoid paying CFS claims for more than two years. Our lawyers know all of the tactics that the disability companies rely upon in order to deny CFS claims. You need to be prepared in order to secure your disability benefits for the long term.
Our Disability Lawyers Understand CFS
As many of our resolved cases show, the law requires insurance companies to make their decisions based on reasonable grounds. They cannot ignore recommendations from your treating physicians just because it makes the most sense for their bottom lines. They also cannot limit your benefits to a shorter period for arbitrary reasons. We have helped hundreds of claimants with CFS and know what it takes to prove your claim. The symptoms of CFS can be similar to numerous other medical conditions and we like to make sure that our clients rule out all other medical conditions in order to make sure that CFS is the correct diagnosis. There is extensive medical literature discussing CFS and our lawyers are constantly keeping up to date in order to improve our client’s chances of getting approved for disability benefits.
Our disability insurance lawyers can help you receive the benefits you deserve, whether that involves helping you fill out the initial application, appealing a denied claim, or filing a lawsuit in state or federal court.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Disability Claims
We regularly review disability insurance court opinions around the country dealing with Chronic Fatigue. On this page you can read case summaries, our resolved cases, CFS articles and public comments from disability claimants dealing with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
To find out if we can help with your case, you can contact our disability insurance attorneys online or via phone. During a free consultation, you can learn about your best chances for receiving chronic fatigue syndrome disability benefits. We have helped claimants seek benefits since 1979.
What Are The Common Symptoms Of People Disabled By Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Chronic fatigue syndrome, also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS or ME/CFS), is much more than just being tired all of the time. People with chronic fatigue syndrome become so run down that it interferes with every aspect of their lives and can make it hard to function at all. Most of our clients with CFS report that attempting to work aggravates their symptoms. There are eight official symptoms for chronic fatigue syndrome:
- Memory loss, difficulty focusing
- Sore throat
- Enlarged lymph nodes in armpit and/or neck
- Pain in muscles
- Pain in joints (no redness or swelling)
- New type of headache
- Feeling unrested despite adequate sleep
- Extreme exhaustion that lasts beyond 24 hours after exerting yourself mentally or physically
The condition is tentatively linked to Epstein-Barr virus, enteroviruses, human herpes virus 6 and Lyme disease. However, studies have not been able to link a specific virus as the primary cause of chronic fatigue syndrome. Chronic fatigue syndrome makes your body thinks it is fighting an infection, whether it is or not. That utilizes a lot of your body’s energy, resulting in most of the symptoms listed above.
Visit the following sites to learn more about chronic fatigue syndrome:
- Centers For Disease Control & Prevention
- CFIDS Association of America
- Osler’s Web – by Hillary Johnson. A book dedicated to the pandemic disease that for a quarter century has been called “chronic fatigue syndrome,” and has recently been shown to have a strong statistical correlation with infection by the third human retrovirus, a gammaretrovirus called “xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus”.
Check back on this site for updated information and news stories about chronic fatigue syndrome disability claims.
There is one opinion so far. Add your comment now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- After sending claimant to a psychiatric IME, Reliance Standard realizes its decision to deny benefits was incorrect
- Liberty Mutual Twice Denies and Approves Long-term Disability Benefits to IT Systems Analyst with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Dell & Schaefer convinces Sun Life to Overturn Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits for a Person Suffering from Severe Cervical Disorders
- Hartford Agrees to Overturn its Previous Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits for an Employee of Adventist HealthCare who suffers from RSD/Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Read what our clients say about us.
- Donald M. ·I was getting nowhere with my absence management company. They cut off my only source of income two weeks before I was to go on long term disability. They kept giving me...› continue
- Marlene D. ·When I saw myself in the need to seek legal advise, I didn't quite know where to turn, since I hadn't needed one ever before. So... keeping up with the times, I turned...› continue
- Thomas S. DVM ·When I first thought about a disability claim and what was required to qualify, I met with Greg Dell and he clearly spelled it all out for me. He quickly advised me...› continue