Beware of the CIGNA “Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program”
If you are currently receiving Long Term Disability benefits through Cigna Group Insurance, you may be contacted and asked to participate in their Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program. Cigna will explain that they may be able to assist you with their Re-Employment Solutions, but will note, however, that your policy contains a Mandatory Rehabilitation Provision which may “require” your participation. This means that your failure to cooperate and participate in their program could lead to the denial of your long term disability benefits. Basically, Cigna may be trying to use their so-called Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program as a back-door way to deny your benefits. The Cigna Voc Rehab Program can be a double edged sword that you should discuss with an experienced disability insurance attorney that has handled Cigna disability claims.
Is The Vocational Rehabilition Program Offered By Cigna Good Or Bad?
If you truly desire, and have been cleared by your physicians, to return to the workplace, then this vocational rehabilitation program may be beneficial for you. However, if you have not been medically cleared to return to work, your cooperation and participation in this sort of program may be used against you in such a way that the insurance company is able to show that, despite your physician’s recommendations, you can in fact return to some type of occupation. This, of course, would lead to your benefits being discontinued.
Bottom line: Cigna’s Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program is a benefits denial tool in disguise.
Before you agree to participate in Cigna’s Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program, it is highly recommended you consult with a disability insurance attorney as to your rights and options. Please feel free to contact Disability Attorneys Dell and Schaefer for a free consultation.
Read more about CIGNA disability insurance problems here.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Long Term Disability Benefits Reinstated: After Administrative Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer, The Standard Overturns Decision To Deny Former Employee of T-Mobile USA
- Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer proves to MetLife that former Morgan Stanley Employee Should Continue to Receive ERISA Long Term Disability Benefits
- Administrative Appeal by Dell & Schaefer Helps Disabled Man with Eye Disorders Get Approved for Short Term Disability Benefits with Hartford; Long Term Benefits Next
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Successful: Claimant suffering from Sleep Disorders, Depression and Fibromyalgia Now Receiving Long Term Disability Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Curt P. ·Before my disability, I was an attorney with a successful energy and telecom practice. I know what it means to provide quality legal service: it entails expertise in the...› continue
- Gregory F. ·Right from the start, Attorney Steven Dell was caring, patient and straightforward. My case was complex, both in terms of my medical condition and the carriers involved...› continue
- Kevin R. D.D.S. ·I first heard of Dell and Schaefer through the internet. Their reviews were very solid. I also asked several people who had experience with disability claims about who...› continue