Beware of the CIGNA “Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program”
If you are currently receiving Long Term Disability benefits through Cigna Group Insurance, you may be contacted and asked to participate in their Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program. Cigna will explain that they may be able to assist you with their Re-Employment Solutions, but will note, however, that your policy contains a Mandatory Rehabilitation Provision which may “require” your participation. This means that your failure to cooperate and participate in their program could lead to the denial of your long term disability benefits. Basically, Cigna may be trying to use their so-called Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program as a back-door way to deny your benefits. The Cigna Voc Rehab Program can be a double edged sword that you should discuss with an experienced disability insurance attorney that has handled Cigna disability claims.
Is The Vocational Rehabilition Program Offered By Cigna Good Or Bad?
If you truly desire, and have been cleared by your physicians, to return to the workplace, then this vocational rehabilitation program may be beneficial for you. However, if you have not been medically cleared to return to work, your cooperation and participation in this sort of program may be used against you in such a way that the insurance company is able to show that, despite your physician’s recommendations, you can in fact return to some type of occupation. This, of course, would lead to your benefits being discontinued.
Bottom line: Cigna’s Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program is a benefits denial tool in disguise.
Before you agree to participate in Cigna’s Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program, it is highly recommended you consult with a disability insurance attorney as to your rights and options. Please feel free to contact Disability Attorneys Dell and Schaefer for a free consultation.
Read more about CIGNA disability insurance problems here.
Request a Free Consultation
Click Here or call 800-682-8331 Now.
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- 67 Year Old Circuits Designer Reaches Settlement With Prudential After Filing Suit to Recover LTD Benefits Under ERISA LTD Insurance Plan
- Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy’s Long Term Disability Claim Reinstated Following Appeal by Disability Attorney Alexander Palamara
- Fresenius Medical Care North America Employee Wins Disability Appeal With CIGNA
- Hartford has a Pattern of Conducting Surveillance on a Claimant’s Birthday
Read what our clients say about us.
- Marie P. ·Very professional. Very consmer/ client oriented. Rachel Alters always had time to answer my questions. She is also very understanding and organized. Rachel and her...› continue
- Lisa S. ·I was treated above and beyond my expectations from the very first phone call to the signing of my settlement check. Stephen and his assistant Kathleen were always quick...› continue
- Jimmy H. ·I contacted Jay Symonds with Attorneys Dell & Schaefer, he was the lead attorney on my case. I was very happy with every aspect of how my case was handled. Jay kept me...› continue