Beware of the CIGNA “Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program”
If you are currently receiving Long Term Disability benefits through Cigna Group Insurance, you may be contacted and asked to participate in their Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program. Cigna will explain that they may be able to assist you with their Re-Employment Solutions, but will note, however, that your policy contains a Mandatory Rehabilitation Provision which may “require” your participation. This means that your failure to cooperate and participate in their program could lead to the denial of your long term disability benefits. Basically, Cigna may be trying to use their so-called Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program as a back-door way to deny your benefits. The Cigna Voc Rehab Program can be a double edged sword that you should discuss with an experienced disability insurance attorney that has handled Cigna disability claims.
Is The Vocational Rehabilition Program Offered By Cigna Good Or Bad?
If you truly desire, and have been cleared by your physicians, to return to the workplace, then this vocational rehabilitation program may be beneficial for you. However, if you have not been medically cleared to return to work, your cooperation and participation in this sort of program may be used against you in such a way that the insurance company is able to show that, despite your physician’s recommendations, you can in fact return to some type of occupation. This, of course, would lead to your benefits being discontinued.
Bottom line: Cigna’s Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program is a benefits denial tool in disguise.
Before you agree to participate in Cigna’s Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance Program, it is highly recommended you consult with a disability insurance attorney as to your rights and options. Please feel free to contact Disability Attorneys Dell and Schaefer for a free consultation.
Read more about CIGNA disability insurance problems here.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Cigna reverses decision to terminate benefits of claimant suffering from end-stage Myasthenia Gravis
- Disability Attorney Cesar Gavidia Wins Hartford Disability Appeal For Target Employee With Rheumatoid Arthritis and Chronic Neck Pain
- Prudential Overturns Denial of Long Term Disability Benefits to College Professor
- Hartford Buys Out Disability Policy Following Appeal
Read what our clients say about us.
- Wade S. ·My experience could not have been better. I was instantly made to feel and to know that my best interest was important, that I would be informed of all development in...› continue
- Leza A. ·Desperarate & feeling like I was on a raft floating farther... out to sea. By the time I was diagnosed (It was close to a Year) with Fibromyalgia. I was in so much pain...› continue
- Rev D. ·I contacted Dell & Schaefer after a second denial by my disability insurance company. Initially, I approached the insurance company by myself and my case was denied. I...› continue