Attorneys for Assurant Disability Claims
- ASSURANT or Union Security Disability Benefit Appeal, Denial. Lawsuit, and Claim Video
Assurant Employee Benefits insurance company, also known as Union Security Insurance Company, often seems more interested in getting people back to work rather than paying disability benefits. Assurant is proud of their trademarked “WillReturn” program which is suppose to help employees get back to work quickly.
From our experience of handling thousands of disability insurance claim denials, companies such as Assurant use these self created “return to work computer programs” in order to create unjustified recovery periods for disabled policy holders. Assurant employees are trained to rely on computer data in order to determine disability duration periods based on the type of medical condition that is disabling a claimant. Assurant claims analyst are further trained to look for specific medical documentation which if left out of a claimant’s medical record will result in a claim denial. Assurant Employee Benefits has more than 1,000 employees and they have their own medical consultants, vocational consultants and private investigators which they rely upon in order to investigate every aspect of an Assurant disability claim and Union Security disability claim.
As disability insurance lawyers we have the experience, knowledge and resources to prepare and strengthen a disability insurance claim against Assurant. A claimant must be prepared when dealing with Assurant or they could have a difficult time achieving the appropriate amount of disability payments from Assurant.
Obtaining payment of Assurant Short Term or Long Term Disability Benefits may not be as easy as Assurant makes it seem
In an Assurant marketing video, Assurant claims to handle more than 16,000 claims each year. Assurant has a very strong sales force and they sell their short term and long term disability insurance products to employers with at least three employees. Assurant makes claimants think approval of disability benefits will be relatively easy by using catchy slogans in their marketing videos such as: “Insurance that helps you go on living”, “To do the right thing at the right time”, and “Choose the provider who cares”.
We found two of Assurant’s disability insurance marketing videos published on YouTube, which can be viewed below:
Kansas Federal Judge reverses Union Security and Assurant denial of Long Term Disability Benefits
Reading about lawsuits involving your disability insurance company is one of the best methods for a disability claimant to learn about the claims handling tactics used by their own disability insurance company.
We have uploaded for your review a 41 page court decision prepared by a Kansas Federal judge, which provides great detail about a nurse’s denial of long term disability benefits and the reason the court reversed Union Security’s denial of disability benefits.
This particular case was not handled by our law firm, however we have represented numerous disability claimants with Assurant and Union Security disability policies. The judge wrote an extremely detailed court Order which documents all of the unreasonable actions taken by Union Security and Assurant. Our disability lawyers welcome the opportunity to provide a free consultation regarding your Assurant disability benefit claim.
Who is Assurant and why do they have so many different company names?
Assurant Employee Benefits is the brand name for insurance products underwritten by Union Security Insurance Company. Assurant Employee Benefits is subsidiary of Assurant Inc., which is a publicly traded New York Stock Exchange company with more than $25 billion in assets and $8 billion in revenues.
Assurant has had many different company names since their initial incorporation in 1910 as the Montana Life Insurance Company. It was not until 2004 that the company name was changed to Assurant. Prior to 2004 Assurant sold long term disability policies under the company name of Fortis Benefits Insurance Company. In 2005 the company name of Fortis Benefits was changed to Union Security Insurance Company.
Currently Assurant markets all of their short term and long term disability policies through the brand name of Assurant Employee Benefits, but the actual policies are underwritten by Union Security Insurance Company. Assurant Employee Benefits is headquartered in Kansas City, MO and they claim to have over 1,000 employees. Assurant also claims to be the fourth largest provider of disability insurance policies that are in force.
It is important to be aware of the corporate structure of Assurant, because most disability claim denial lawsuits are filed against Union Security Insurance Company.
There are 10 opinions so far. Add your comment or complaint now.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Administrative Appeal by Dell & Schaefer Helps Disabled Man with Eye Disorders Get Approved for Short Term Disability Benefits with Hartford; Long Term Benefits Next
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Successful: Claimant suffering from Sleep Disorders, Depression and Fibromyalgia Now Receiving Long Term Disability Benefits
- Aetna overturns decision to deny LTD benefits for claimant suffering from post-concussion syndrome and neurocognitive disorder
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Proves to MetLife that Client is Still Disabled and Claim Not Subject to Certain Policy Limitations
Read what our clients say about us.
- Robert C. ·After being denied initially, I searched our local area for an attorney who specialized in disability claims and found none. I spoke to a couple law firms that said they...› continue
- William A. ·I was hoping for some sort of settlement with my long term disability insurance company but to be honest I didn't expect to win my case. I contacted Dell & Schaefer in...› continue
- Harry K. ·Dell & Schaefer has earned a reputation as a top notch law firm specializing in disability insurance claims. I understand why. My personal experience was nothing short...› continue