Arizona Disability Insurance Attorneys
Disability insurance providers want to limit or deny payouts of disability claims by cheating claimants out of their deserved benefits. Our team of Arizona disability insurance attorneys understand that even if a doctor has diagnosed you with a disabling condition that prevents you from working, your provider may still deny your claim. They often prioritize profits over your health.
We have helped many Arizonans appeal their claims because our firm discovered that their providers denied their cases without good reasons. For a free evaluation, contact our firm today by calling 800-682-8331. We can help determine if your disability claim has been wrongfully denied.
Standards of Review in Arizona
You may be entitled to retroactive and future benefits if a court decides that denial from an insurance company was “arbitrary and capricious,” meaning that there was no real basis for the denial. However, most judges will not overturn the denial if you filled out the application incorrectly or failed to provide sufficient support to show the severity of your disability.
To ensure that your disability application contains all the needed documents and evidence, speak with disability insurance attorney Gregory Michael Dell to learn more about your legal rights. Your claim may be entitled to a trial de novo if the appeals court rules that a lower court erred in their judgment and subsequent denial. “De novo” means that the claim will be heard again as if for the first time. We find that many of our Arizona clients benefit from this second attempt.
Arizona Case Studies
Each disability claim is unique, and can go to trial in either state or federal court. Most individual disability benefits claims, such as a policy you bought outside of work, receive judgment in state courts. Group policy claims are litigated in federal courts and will be governed by ERISA guidelines. More than 80 percent of all short and long-term disability policies fall under these ERISA guidelines.
For example, these Arizona disability appeal cases all have differing circumstances and outcomes:
- DeBenedictis v. Hartford Life & Acc. Ins. Co.
- Perryman v. Provident Life & Accident Ins. Co.
- Pacioni v. Unum Life Ins. Co. of Am.
- Phoenix Home Life Mut. Ins. Co. v. Hugget
Resources for Arizona Disability Insurance Benefits
The following cities are some of the areas in Arizona our law firm is able to assist with filing or refilling disability claims:
- Bullhead City
- Casa Grande
- Cave Creek
- Chino Valley
- Fountain Hills
- Green Valley
- Lake Havasu City
- Paradise Valley
- Prescott Valley
- Sierra Vista
- Sun City
- Sun City West
To learn more about the state and federal courts in Arizona, consult the links below:
- Arizona Court System
- Official Government Website of the State of Arizona
- Arizona Department of Insurance – Regulates all insurance companies that do business in Arizona.
- United States Court Of Appeals for The Ninth Circuit – This court has jurisdiction over appeals from United States District Courts located in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, and Hawaii.
- District of Arizona Federal Court – The US District Courthouses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Tucson.
Contact our Disability Insurance Lawyers Today
No matter where you are in the process of filing a disability application, talk with our firm today by calling 800-682-8331 to learn more about how we may be able to assist your claim. We have helped residents of the Grand Canyon state and other individuals nationwide receive satisfactory results against disability insurance providers since 1979.
We frequently update this site to reflect the most current information available regarding disability benefits in Arizona. Bookmark and return to this page to stay informed.
Request a Free Consultation
Click here or call 800-682-8331 now!
We respond the same day.
We represent disability insurance claimants all over the United States.
We have handled thousands of disability claims and you can read about them.
- Long Term Disability Benefits Reinstated: After Administrative Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer, The Standard Overturns Decision To Deny Former Employee of T-Mobile USA
- Appeal filed by Dell & Schaefer proves to MetLife that former Morgan Stanley Employee Should Continue to Receive ERISA Long Term Disability Benefits
- Administrative Appeal by Dell & Schaefer Helps Disabled Man with Eye Disorders Get Approved for Short Term Disability Benefits with Hartford; Long Term Benefits Next
- Dell & Schaefer ERISA Administrative Appeal Successful: Claimant suffering from Sleep Disorders, Depression and Fibromyalgia Now Receiving Long Term Disability Benefits
Read what our clients say about us.
- Gregory F. ·Right from the start, Attorney Steven Dell was caring, patient and straightforward. My case was complex, both in terms of my medical condition and the carriers involved...› continue
- Kevin R. D.D.S. ·I first heard of Dell and Schaefer through the internet. Their reviews were very solid. I also asked several people who had experience with disability claims about who...› continue
- Patricia ·Working with Dell and Schaefer overall was a very pleasant experience. Once I contacted the firm and agreed to representation all of my worries and concerns were handled...› continue